The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This may sound stupid, but be open about it because your family and friends would rather hear it from you than someone else.

Obviously its not a bad thing, but people will question why you didn't tell them if they hear it elsewhere.

In answer to your question though, if you're ashamed then you probably shouldn't of converted, one would suggest? Either way, embrace it, Muslims are very accommodating, caring people.
(edited 6 years ago)
What made you convert?
Reply 3
I would say yes but only because I consider all religion an epic fail.
Original post by IMissMyDad
Hello, I used to be a Christian however I have since converted to Islam and I don't know if I should be open about it due to the hate around Muslims.

Could someone help?

Your religious beliefs are your own. There isn't as much hate around Muslims as people like to pretend there is. Especially if you live in a big city like London, no one cares what you believe.
Yes. Don't do it.
Reply 6
Original post by utr
This may sound stupid, but be open about it because you're family and friends would rather hear it from you than someone else.

Obviously its not a bad thing, but people will question why you didn't tell them if they hear it elsewhere.

In answer to your question though, if you're ashamed then you probably shouldn't of converted, one would suggest? Either way, embrace it, Muslims are very accommodating, caring people.

Thanks. I appreciate the positivity. I think I'll tell me family first, if they don't accept it then it won't bother me. I believe what I want to believe :smile:
To all those here that would impart judgment upon this person for their decision, all I have to say is this:

"Do not judge, lest ye be judged"

Done.
Reply 8
Original post by SCIENCE :D
What made you convert?

I used to dislike Islam. However after doing some research about their faith I have realised that Islam is a religion of peace :smile:
I used to dislike Islam. However after doing some research about their faith I have realised that Islam is a religion of peace :smile:

So is every other religion, what aspect of Islam made you want to convert?
Reply 10
Original post by naso
Yes, you're in favor of a religion that makes women wear burkas and makes it followers blow up for the sake of their God.

I don't blame you for this view. I thought so too but differences between Islam and extreme Islam are interesting. Allah accepts and forgives all :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Talon
I would say yes but only because I consider all religion an epic fail.

I can understand that view. Religion is the cause for most wars and I can certainly agree. Religion helps me live my daily life positively
Original post by Kierensaddlr
To all those here that would impart judgment upon this person for their decision, all I have to say is this:

"Do not judge, lest ye be judged"

Done.

Let's do the whole quote: "Judge not, that ye not be judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

So if you're a Christian who converted to Islam, you better not slam this girl for doing the exact same thing or you're in trouble.
Reply 13
Thanks. I appreciate the positivity. I think I'll tell me family first, if they don't accept it then it won't bother me. I believe what I want to believe :smile:

Good on you.

Islam is far from the religion of peace, the teachings of the Qu'ran leave much to be desired, but as you've said there is difference between Islam and Islamic Extremism.

Good luck.
Hello, I used to be a Christian however I have since converted to Islam and I don't know if I should be open about it due to the hate around Muslims.

Could someone help?

No be ashamed of poor grammar.
Reply 15

Could someone help?

Can you say exactly what it was that made you convert?
Reply 16
Original post by utr
Good on you.

Islam is far from the religion of peace, the teachings of the Qu'ran leave much to be desired, but as you've said there is difference between Islam and Islamic Extremism.

Good luck.

What is the difference in the teaching exactly?

Could someone help?

No of course not, it is your life, and your right what to do with it. :smile:

Could someone help?

Honey, there are good and bad everywhere. There are good and bad people in every religion, country, race... etc. People shouldn’t judge islam based on the bad guys only. People should stop judging it badly (due to bias) without doing the necessary research. Then they’ll know that it’s truly a religion of peace.

I encourage you to be open about it. Never be ashamed, because you’re doing absolutely nothing wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Racoon
What is the difference in the teaching exactly?

Nothing as far as I'm aware, but some people (extremists) take their religious beliefs to a completely different level in comparison to moderate Muslims.

Latest