The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Interview 2017 Child Nursing Salford any advice?

Hi everyone
I've got an interview soon and I know this question been asked many times in past years post but I'm so nervous :frown: and trying to find out what else to revise for it?
Anything new this year compare to the past? Anyone here that had their interview yet for 2017 intake?
How was the maths and English test and the group interview?

And has anyone has offers yet?

Thanks x
Reply 1
anyone?? :frown:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
I've had mine today not so happy as I was so nervous. Maths wasn't that bad some silly calculations and English was ok too. comprehension based on an article. When is yours? Did anyone had it yet? And how did it went? I'm so scared waiting now for the results 😰 it was my first choice too!!
Reply 3
Dont worry i had my interview nearly 3 weeks ago, i was so nervous and thought i did really bad, didnt have a clue wat i was doing but ive just recieved an offer this morning to start Jan 2018. Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
How soon after interviews have people had replies please? Had mine last week really anxious waiting for a response xx
Original post by Zainab96
Dont worry i had my interview nearly 3 weeks ago, i was so nervous and thought i did really bad, didnt have a clue wat i was doing but ive just recieved an offer this morning to start Jan 2018. Good luck :smile:

Brilliant news, Ive applied through clearing. Got interview thursday, What kind of things are they asking in the personal interview? SO nervous. Already done a degree and graduated 2013. Worked in travel and have finally decided to pursue a career in nursing for its what Ive always been interested in deep down. Always felt something missing in life haha

I digress.. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Original post by lmurphy92
Brilliant news, Ive applied through clearing. Got interview thursday, What kind of things are they asking in the personal interview? SO nervous. Already done a degree and graduated 2013. Worked in travel and have finally decided to pursue a career in nursing for its what Ive always been interested in deep down. Always felt something missing in life haha

I digress.. Any tips would be appreciated!!

How long after applying did you get your interview through? I applied last week for the January 18 intake and I’m on edge waiting 😂
Original post by MissLauren
How long after applying did you get your interview through? I applied last week for the January 18 intake and I’m on edge waiting 😂

Hiya! I think it was about two weeks and I just received an email, how did you apply? I rang the Salford clearing line
Hiya! I think it was about two weeks and I just received an email, how did you apply? I rang the Salford clearing line

Hey thanks for replying. I've got an interview through now for next wednesday, nervous! I just applied through the salford uni website. Please let me know how your interview goes!
Hey thanks for replying. I've got an interview through now for next wednesday, nervous! I just applied through the salford uni website. Please let me know how your interview goes!

Hey no worries.
Ok so had my interview today. The maths test was SOLID.. I struggled really bad.. horrific. The english test is a comprehension piece with 4 questions, not too bad. Both last 20 mins

Then a short personal interview with 5/6 questions.. the universal questions. (why nursing? current issues that affect children) I said social media etc cyber bullying. There is a scenario question. WHY should we give you a place..

Well. I must have done OK as I got offered a place earlier this evening so same day reply! They want those places filled fast

GOOD LUCK
Hey no worries.
Ok so had my interview today. The maths test was SOLID.. I struggled really bad.. horrific. The english test is a comprehension piece with 4 questions, not too bad. Both last 20 mins

Then a short personal interview with 5/6 questions.. the universal questions. (why nursing? current issues that affect children) I said social media etc cyber bullying. There is a scenario question. WHY should we give you a place..

Well. I must have done OK as I got offered a place earlier this evening so same day reply! They want those places filled fast

GOOD LUCK

Oh god, maths isn’t my strong point, like at all. I’ve been preparing for the general questions, hopefully my answers will be good enough! I’m doing mental health nursing though so I best look up current mental health issues! Thanks for the heads up! I hope I hear as quick as you did, I’m back at work next Friday and hoping to let them know I’ll be switching to bank shifts! I’ve already got a degree in psychology and 4 years experience in care, if I don’t get a place then there’s something wrong with me that I’m not aware of 😂🤷🏻*♀️
Hi I've got an interview next month for children's nursing. I'm so nervous 😣 how hard is the maths test? And is there a group interview?
Original post by Emreegs12
Hi I've got an interview next month for children's nursing. I'm so nervous 😣 how hard is the maths test? And is there a group interview?

My interview is on wednesday. I’ll let you know :smile: in the email mine only said the maths/English test followed by a personal interview
My interview is on wednesday. I’ll let you know :smile: in the email mine only said the maths/English test followed by a personal interview

It's says group exercise and interview when you click on the "how to prepare for my interview" link. Good Luck for Wednesday 😊
Original post by Emreegs12
It's says group exercise and interview when you click on the "how to prepare for my interview" link. Good Luck for Wednesday 😊

Sorry it’s cos I’m jumping on posts - I’m doing mental health nursing. The interview wasn’t too bad. We didn’t have a group interview, I’m guessing that’s cos it’s a different pathway. The maths test was alright, coming from someone who can’t do maths 🙈 then the English test was more a scenario test, with ‘what would you do/how/why’ kind of questions. Interview itself was 5 questions long, why do you want to be a nurse, what attracted you to Salford, that kind of thing. I found out today I have a place starting in jan. Good luck for yours!
Sorry it’s cos I’m jumping on posts - I’m doing mental health nursing. The interview wasn’t too bad. We didn’t have a group interview, I’m guessing that’s cos it’s a different pathway. The maths test was alright, coming from someone who can’t do maths 🙈 then the English test was more a scenario test, with ‘what would you do/how/why’ kind of questions. Interview itself was 5 questions long, why do you want to be a nurse, what attracted you to Salford, that kind of thing. I found out today I have a place starting in jan. Good luck for yours!

Oh brilliant well done! I'll just have to try my best and keep my fingers crossed 🤞
Hi! I have my interview at Salford on the 30th Nov for adult nursing, just looking for some general information about what to expect, especially the maths side! Are there any particular areas I should be revising? Obviously I’ve been looking at general mathematics but it’s really not my strong point at all x
Reply 17
i have a quick question, did you get offered a place before you got sent an interview or did you get an interview first?
@_mk interview first and then they assess how you’ve done and offer a conditional or unconditional place after that if you’re successful x
Reply 19
for diagnostic radiography, they said on their website that interviews are part of the process, yet ive been given a conditional place WITHOUT an interview..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending