The Student Room Group

Wanting to drop out in summer

If I wanted to drop out in summer after my first year, would I have to pay the first year's tuition myself and repay the student loan for that year? Instead of simply paying it back when earning over £21k?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CatKidR
If I wanted to drop out in summer after my first year, would I have to pay the first year's tuition myself and repay the student loan for that year? Instead of simply paying it back when earning over £21k?

If you complete a year and then don't return, you pay it back as normal - ie, when you're earning over £21k.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
If you complete a year and then don't return, you pay it back as normal - ie, when you're earning over £21k.

Thank you!
Original post by CatKidR

Hi CatKidR,

If you withdraw from your course, you will become eligible to repay any borrowings at the start of the next tax year. That's the April following your withdrawal, but only when earning over the threshold.

However, if the withdrawal results in a loan or grant overpayment, you may be expected to start repaying this straight away.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending