The Student Room Group

help with pseudo code have no idea how to write it

an air plane took off the ground and announced that they will reach their destination at different time depending on the speed of the wind. it can fly at speed of F mph (F=1095 miles) with wind. but the wind changes direction it can go only S mph (S=750 miles). the speed of the plane in still air is 850 mph. write pseudo code to find the speed of the wind. how long will it take for the plane if the wind increased to 60 mph and the distance is 4000 miles. the plane goes with wind and reaches before schedule time.
equations:
F=(200+w)t, F is the distance when the plane is going fast
S=(200-w)t, Sis the distance when the plane goes slow
you need to input the values of F and S for the second part you calculate t
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Chris Vu
an air plane took off the ground and announced that they will reach their destination at different time depending on the speed of the wind. it can fly at speed of F mph (F=1095 miles) with wind. but the wind changes direction it can go only S mph (S=750 miles). the speed of the plane in still air is 850 mph. write pseudo code to find the speed of the wind. how long will it take for the plane if the wind increased to 60 mph and the distance is 4000 miles. the plane goes with wind and reaches before schedule time.
equations:
F=(200 w)t, F is the distance when the plane is going fast
S=(200-w)t, Sis the distance when the plane goes slow
you need to input the values of F and S for the second part you calculate t

The plane is supersonic? Are you sure you have that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
The plane is supersonic? Are you sure you have that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what my professor wrote
Reply 3
That's what my professor wrote

Hmmm, a bit strange but ok.

And MPH not KPH?

And what did they tell you about pseudocode?
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Hmmm, a bit strange but ok.

And MPH not KPH?

And what did they tell you about pseudocode?

yes it is in MPH and my professor didn't really teach us how to properly do it all i know is that it Pseudocode for c++ and really basic like begin, end, if,end if , while, end while, compute, etc...
Reply 5
yes it is in MPH and my professor didn't really teach us how to properly do it all i know is that it Pseudocode for c++ and really basic like begin, end, if,end if , while, end while, compute, etc...

That's all you need. But do the maths first. I haven't checked it but it doesn't sound quite right.

Quick Reply

Latest