The Student Room Group

Experience with loud music in dorms?

I just want to actually ask you guys, is it normal to hear such loud music from your neighbors? All day, I hear bass from speakers coming from the room next to me, I've asked them to turn it down three times now, and every time, it just comes back, sometimes way louder.

I just can't get my head around why you'd bring speakers to such a tiny dorm room anyway (when I say tiny, I mean it's a bed and a desk and very little walking space). What for?

Have you guys experienced it? It just gets too much when I hear the pounding bass all day, every day and it goes into the night, sometimes til 1-2 am.
Reply 1
I would hate to be in your position right now. I would just report them, thats the best thing. I play my speakers loud but only for like 20 minutes, cos its when I'm having a shower and i take notice of other people. but this person right here really couldn't give a f*** about other people which sucks
It happens a fair bit. You can complain to the uni/property manager and tell them to shut the **** up.

I had an issue with noise, though not next door, and I simply bought a fan and kept it on 24/7 to drown it out. I wasn't paying the leccy bill after all. When I went home for Christmas, I forgot to turn it off and it was still on when I came back a month later, even though the property manager had inspected my room in the interim. Something to think about.
Original post by tbeyan
I would hate to be in your position right now. I would just report them, thats the best thing. I play my speakers loud but only for like 20 minutes, cos its when I'm having a shower and i take notice of other people. but this person right here really couldn't give a f*** about other people which sucks

I at least tried being nice by politely letting her know I could hear her music/bass. I told her 3 times and got admin to shut her up at 1 am. This ***** doesn't give a **** about her neighbors. I've had enough, I paid to live here too, I have a right to comfort and peace when I'm in my dorm. That's the attitude I'm gonna have from now on.
Reply 4
Original post by unistudent99
I at least tried being nice by politely letting her know I could hear her music/bass. I told her 3 times and got admin to shut her up at 1 am. This ***** doesn't give a **** about her neighbors. I've had enough, I paid to live here too, I have a right to comfort and peace when I'm in my dorm. That's the attitude I'm gonna have from now on.

yeah thats the way! and I'm sure when someone has got reported a specific number of times they'll actually get kicked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending