The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Cool, just the answer I was looking for so people can see how stupid you are.

Elaborate? Or are you just going to concede here like you did with all the other arguments you start here? Because you're 30+ years old and you're on TSR. Lol.
Original post by paul514
You said it’s ok for people in Japan or Brazil to live in a mono race/culture and you would like to go there but you wouldn’t want to do the same here

I did not say that. I said that because I'd be a foreigner by choice I should learn about their culture. I'm not a colonialist trying to change people's lifestyle and culture meanwhile I am the outsider?

However in a country where I was born and raised I should have a bit more say and it's not "ironic" considering I said I don't even want to be in an all black area and I'm black. Because it's boring being around people I was born and raised around. 😑. How is it friggin ironic??
(edited 6 years ago)
Wtf I never said it's ok for Japan to have a homogeneous culture!! I'm fuming how illiterate full grown adults are. I simply said me as a foreigner should embrace their culture should I move to Japan and isn't that the argument?! That foreigners should assimilate?! @paul514
In my view, what matters is not race but culture. If someone adopts the British culture, the accent, the way of speaking, the attitude to rule of law and democracy, if they take up British citizenship and contribute to this nation and engage as a full citizen, I accept them as such. The colour of someone's skin is irrelevant, the character of someone's cultural makeup is not. It is the political and artistic and historical/aesthetic culture of this country I seek to preserve, not the genetic disposition of its inhabitants
Original post by Salt Queen

However in a country where I was born and raised I should have a bit more say and it's not "ironic" considering I said I don't even want to be in an all black area and I'm black. Because it's boring being around people I was born and raised around. 😑. How is it friggin ironic??

I believe what skin colour is completely irrelevant, what matters is culture. If someone absorbs into the broader British culture, and adopts British culture as their own (while also being permitted to retain elements of their originating culture, such as cuisine and religion etc), then that is all that matters.

I want to see the British nation (and its constituent nations of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales) survive as distinct cultures, not simply become an indistinct mix of everyone from everywhere.

But someone's skin colour or ethnicity is completely irrelevant. All that matters is that the person has adopted the British culture, that they are part of the culture and they want to be a part of this country, to contribute and engage as a full citizen. That's what is important to me
At the time of the 2011 census, Bradford was over 65% British White. I could go through all the rest of your stated area's, Rotherham (over 80% white), Blackburn (66% British White).

Let's not let cold hard facts get in the way of a good hate stir though, shall we lads?
Original post by itsfantanoo
Elaborate? Or are you just going to concede here like you did with all the other arguments you start here? Because you're 30+ years old and you're on TSR. Lol.

I don’t concede on pretty much anything because I don’t comment in the first place unless I’m right 😂

As for my age that’s completely irrelevant just like you arguing against things which are self evident
Reply 47
Original post by MartinF98
There are entire neighbourhoods of cities/towns like London, Bradford, Luton, Leicester, Rotherham, Slough, Batley, Blackburn, Birmingham and small towns across the country that are majority Asian. There seems to be a lot of racial segregation in a lot of cities, which points to a clear integration problem. In a majority white British country like the UK, it's quite shocking, especially to tourists, that there are parts of London which are majority non-white where you'd struggle to find an English person. I feel like we are losing our identity. The non-white population is increasing at a rapid rate and even though we're not going to be minorities in our country anytime soon, we are already minorities

Imagine if you go to Tokyo and there are large swathes of the city where the majority of people are black or Indian instead of Japanese. Here, we seem to not care about our ethnic identity. Being British is no longer connected to our heritage, almost anyone who's born here is considered 'British' even if they don't live in our culture.

No, it is not, because it is deliberate. NWO politicians deliberately brought in them in and are trying to assimilate them with the British natives, i.e. interbreed them with the natives by means of advertisements showing a White woman married to a Black man, mixed race children in clothes shops advertisments, banning all White schools, not banning all Jewish or all Muslim or all Black schools, telling White people that they do not exist or do not deserve to exist because of slavery and colonialism, despite the fact that Turkey and Japan had empires and that Arabs had White slaves. The idea is to get rid of White people altogether.

Diversity is White Genocide
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white
People live on land. I don't mind what particular bit of land they live on, personally. I've lived in some of the areas you've offered and the main issues are due to poverty, not melanin or even culture.
Buckingham Palace has had people of German origins there for many year, and one of Greek origin since 1947.
Original post by paul514
I don’t concede on pretty much anything because I don’t comment in the first place unless I’m right 😂

As for my age that’s completely irrelevant just like you arguing against things which are self evident

By not elaborating you've conceded. Arrogance isn't going to change that.
Original post by AlexanderHam
In my view, what matters is not race but culture. If someone adopts the British culture, the accent, the way of speaking, the attitude to rule of law and democracy, if they take up British citizenship and contribute to this nation and engage as a full citizen, I accept them as such. The colour of someone's skin is irrelevant, the character of someone's cultural makeup is not. It is the political and artistic and historical/aesthetic culture of this country I seek to preserve, not the genetic disposition of its inhabitants

Is the accent really that important? My friend is from Australia originally, has been living here for most of his life and is a British citizen. He fits in with British culture and he's basically of white British descent anyway since he's Australian, but he's still got a heavy Australian accent. Would you consider him British?
Original post by itsfantanoo
By not elaborating you've conceded. Arrogance isn't going to change that.

Either that or you can’t be arsed to argue with someone on the internet at that time for a multitude of reasons.

You believe whatever you like in life though, whatever makes you happy. 🤓
Original post by paul514
Either that or you can’t be arsed to argue with someone on the internet at that time for a multitude of reasons.

You believe whatever you like in life though, whatever makes you happy. 🤓

You can't claim to not be arsed when you're the one who first replied to me and started it :wink:
Original post by FarhanHalim
Is the accent really that important? My friend is from Australia originally, has been living here for most of his life and is a British citizen. He fits in with British culture and he's basically of white British descent anyway since he's Australian, but he's still got a heavy Australian accent. Would you consider him British?

Australians are a special case. I say that as a dual UK/Aus citizen :cool:

In all seriousness, you're right. Accent is probably less important, but I do want people to make an effort rather than simply continuing on with an ethnic accent.

And I do think the Anglosphere nations are a special case. Australia is like a sibling nation to the UK; we have an intense rivalry but ultimately we are exceptionally close and when push comes to shove, there's no question that we have a special loyalty to one another that goes above and beyond normal international relations (I think Anglosphere, and particularly Aus-NZ-UK, are probably the closest thing to family in international affairs).
Original post by utr
The issue isn't so much that they've got their own areas as such, its the fact that there are a lot of 'No white zones' where if you are white and go down there, you're gonna land yourself in hot water. At what point is that ok?

In which places in the UK are there ‘no white zones’ ?
People live where they want to live.

I don't think there is any problem with a location being more or less ethnically diverse than another - so long as this doesn't mean that, for example, brown people are treated with animosity or not given equal opportunities in majority white places, and vice versa.
Reply 57
Original post by cherryred90s
In which places in the UK are there ‘no white zones’ ?

Birmingham (namely Alum Rock) & East London (Tower Hamlets) to name two.
Original post by utr
Birmingham (namely Alum Rock) & East London (Tower Hamlets) to name two.

Both shiteholes I wouldn't be visiting anyway. Are you sure white people don't simply elect to avoid those areas out of fear of catching something, rather than being intimidated by the black-skinned folks.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Australians are a special case. I say that as a dual UK/Aus citizen :cool:

In all seriousness, you're right. Accent is probably less important, but I do want people to make an effort rather than simply continuing on with an ethnic accent.

And I do think the Anglosphere nations are a special case. Australia is like a sibling nation to the UK; we have an intense rivalry but ultimately we are exceptionally close and when push comes to shove, there's no question that we have a special loyalty to one another that goes above and beyond normal international relations (I think Anglosphere, and particularly Aus-NZ-UK, are probably the closest thing to family in international affairs).

I see, tbh I would agree, Australia is a special case. Just out of interest, as a dual citizen, would you consider yourself more British or Australian? And would you say it's possible for someone to be fully British and have allegiances to another country?

Latest

Trending

Trending