The Student Room Group

Will being homosexual send me to hell after death? Will my family hate me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhilipMcKenna
u r basically saying that we choose to be gay

I'm saying you choose your actions, not God.
The dude created a new account, can't spell 'John' and has only posted in this thread.

Odds of this being true: Approaching 0%.
No
Original post by FredJhon
An interesting outlook. However I am conflicted because I am a Christian and gay. I can't help but feel that I will receive punishment for sinning

hey FredJhon, i am a fellow Christian. If you read the 4 Gospels carefully you will see that Our Lord did not have any set piece interactions with homosexuals.
when He does tackle the issue of sexual immorality such as the Woman Taken in Adultery He does so with compassion and forgiveness.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why would two adults of the same sex having consensual sex be a sin? I’m yet to hear a religious person give a coherent explanation as to why this would be evil or harmful.

I don't believe the sin is two adults of the same sex doing it, I think the main issue is about somebody putting their woopah into someone elses backside, whether they be man or woman.

Btw I dont really care what anyone does in their spare time, I'm just trying to help this guy understand that he can't go to hell for liking guys
I never understood why homosexuality was sinful, if all life is a gift from God and being gay is a sin, why would God allow for gay people to exist

Also if I controlled the gates of heaven I would totally let you in
Fellow Christian.
Ultimately my belief is that God is love. We were created uniquely in love.
I don’t believe you’re going to hell. What’s important is that you live the best life you can, fulfilling your potential as a wonderful human being.
Who you love isn’t important. The love is.
Sadly, man is rather fond of judgement. No other person can condemn you to hell or promise you heaven. Let’s leave that to God.
I don’t believe for one minute that a life well lived will condemn you.
IF you consider it a sin then also remember that all sin is equal. And only the sin free can judge you. And let’s face it, we’re all sinners.
let him who is without sin cast the first stone”
God bless, be strong and continue to be the most wonderful, unique, amazing person that you already are
Original post by meediaabid
I never understood why homosexuality was sinful, if all life is a gift from God and being gay is a sin, why would God allow for gay people to exist

Also if I controlled the gates of heaven I would totally let you in

God lets murderers exist... is that not a sin?
Hello everyone. I am a Christian however I am also a homosexual. I am afraid that my dad (who is extremely Catholic) would disown me if I came out to my family. I have tried on multiple occasions to cure myself but I cannot suppress my feelings for the male gender. Is this a trial from God? Or will I be sent to hell?

You cannot cure yourself from emotional feelings. I personally DONT believe you will be sent to Hell for this reason, since nobody can control this type of thing.
Original post by Student-95
God lets murderers exist... is that not a sin?

Unlike being a homosexual, people choose to be murderers
However I am conflicted because I am a Christian and gay. I can't help but feel that I will receive punishment for sinning

This is a prison of your own making. It sounds like you have to chose between being yourself or your religious beliefs. Frankly, your god sounds like a real piece of work. I'm not sure that I see the difference with your other imaginary fiend, Satan.
Unlike being a homosexual, people choose to be murderers

You choose whether or not to act on homosexual urges, like a murder chooses to act on murderous urges. How can God be mad when he gave the murderers murderous urges?
You choose whether or not to act on homosexual urges, like a murder chooses to act on murderous urges. How can God be mad when he gave the murderers murderous urges?

There is a huge difference between homosexual urges or murderous urges, you deal with the former all your life. Murderous urges aren't an innate part of a person's being.
There is a huge difference between homosexual urges or murderous urges, you deal with the former all your life. Murderous urges aren't an innate part of a person's being.

IMO, the biggest difference is that one harms people, the other doesn't.

But murder is obviously wrong because it deprives someone of life.Why is being a homosexual wrong? What is a homosexual supposed to do?Go their whole life without falling in love? To love is to be human.If you deny people the right to love then you deny their right to exist.Can you choose who you feel an attraction to? Could you choose to be attracted towards a 100 yr old woman for example? I don't think many normal young men would feel any attraction.So why assume others can control their attraction towards the same sex?

That's false. Some people deal with dark thoughts from a very young age and not all gay people were born gay.
Original post by Robby2312
But murder is obviously wrong because it deprives someone of life.Why is being a homosexual wrong? What is a homosexual supposed to do?Go their whole life without falling in love? To love is to be human.If you deny people the right to love then you deny their right to exist.Can you choose who you feel an attraction to? Could you choose to be attracted towards a 100 yr old woman for example? I don't think many normal young men would feel any attraction.So why assume others can control their attraction towards the same sex?

Re-read my posts because you are addressing a point that I have not made.
Original post by Sammylou40
Fellow Christian.
Ultimately my belief is that God is love. We were created uniquely in love.
I don’t believe you’re going to hell. What’s important is that you live the best life you can, fulfilling your potential as a wonderful human being.
Who you love isn’t important. The love is.
Sadly, man is rather fond of judgement. No other person can condemn you to hell or promise you heaven. Let’s leave that to God.
I don’t believe for one minute that a life well lived will condemn you.
IF you consider it a sin then also remember that all sin is equal. And only the sin free can judge you. And let’s face it, we’re all sinners.
let him who is without sin cast the first stone”
God bless, be strong and continue to be the most wonderful, unique, amazing person that you already are

All sin isn't equal, murder and lying doesn't quite hold the same weight. Just saying...
Original post by SamuraiMK
All sin isn't equal, murder and lying doesn't quite hold the same weight. Just saying...

For us as humans, of course not.
But in terms of faith and judgement from God a sin is a sin, regardless.
Hello everyone. I am a Christian however I am also a homosexual. I am afraid that my dad (who is extremely Catholic) would disown me if I came out to my family. I have tried on multiple occasions to cure myself but I cannot suppress my feelings for the male gender. Is this a trial from God? Or will I be sent to hell?

I personally dont believe in god so my views may not be appropriate for you, but here i go anyway! Firstly, if you are sent to hell for being gay, at least youll have other gay people to be with. Also i dont think that being gay is something you can cure, roll with it. Ps, arent there loads of gay bishops or whatever? Not sure if their catholic. Surely if you were going to be sent to hell they wouldnt be risking it? Also, cant you just balance out your sins with some light charity work, or is that not how it works?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending