The Student Room Group

I like him but..

Hi

I'm seeing someone who smells really bad. I don't think he put an effort on his personal hygiene at all. ((he works in a famous cafe shop branch serving food and coffee to people)) which concerns me.
Anyway, I liked him but I lost interest now having to cope with bad smell everytime I meet him.
He's going to ask me for why I'm quite what should I tell him? Is he going to believe me? he clearly doesn't see it in himself.
If you love him you should tell him.
Original post by Flexchm
Hi

I'm seeing someone who smells really bad. I don't think he put an effort on his personal hygiene at all. ((he works in a famous cafe shop branch serving food and coffee to people)) which concerns me.
Anyway, I liked him but I lost interest now having to cope with bad smell everytime I meet him.
He's going to ask me for why I'm quite what should I tell him? Is he going to believe me? he clearly doesn't see it in himself.

I think you should nicely explian this to him.
Only on TSR... :biggrin:

Yeah, you should really tell him if he smells that bad. But if your really going to move on from him just because of his smell, are you sure you're not telling yourself this as an excuse?
Reply 4
Is he going to believe me? he obviously doesn't see it
Original post by TheAlchemistress
If you love him you should tell him.
Reply 5
Original post by mc_miah
Only on TSR... :biggrin:

Yeah, you should really tell him if he smells that bad. But if your really going to move on from him just because of his smell, are you sure you're not telling yourself this as an excuse?

No it's not an excuse, I'm normally honest with my reasons to break up. I just don't want to hurt him. and if he's not going to believe me then I'll just be creating a problem. people doesn't normally believe in critisizem
Nicely tell him, at least it'll show your honest
Reply 7
If you are losing interest in him then you need to try and fix what's causing that or your relationship is doomed.

In these situations, being honest is usually the best option.
For his sake, tell him. Whether you break up or not is irrelevant, you should let him know because its something that is obviously affecting his life and relationships. He's clearly not aware of it and apparently no one else has been bothered to sit him down and discuss it.

Whatever embarrassment it causes him or you is minor compared to the difference it will make once he understands how serious it is and starts to improve his hygiene. If you tell him and he doesn't take it seriously/continued to be disgusting then at least you'll know he's aware and you can walk away with a clear conscience.
Original post by Flexchm
Hi

Take some deodorant and spray it on him. That’ll get the message across.
Reply 10
I’m in fact started doing something similar, when he visits and the room stinks I spray with air freshener. That didn’t seem to work. When he showers he spends 1 minute max so I go with him and shower him myself. I had a driving instructor ones who smelled bad all the time and once was very offended when I mentioned it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending