The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Course transfer after results day

I have an offer for philosophy at warwick, but I think I only chose it because of the low requirements AAB. If i end up getting my predictions of A*AA, do you think it's likely I could transfer to PPE after results day, or even politics, since philosophy is my least favourite of the three
Ngl this is a stupid thing to do. If you were good enough for the course you actually wanted to do you would have got it for it so why not apply?

It could be possible but is in no way guaranteed. It depends on how many of the existing PPE offer holders get their grades and whether they have any spaces. At a competitive uni like Warwick it is unlikely.

So if you firm Warwick you could be spending three years of your life and £27750 on a subject you don’t even want to study
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
This would entirely depend on the university and the relevant department(s). Given PPE is extremely popular I would suggest it's very unlikely. They are not obligated to indulge such wishes and they have reason to disallow them to prevent future prospective applicants thinking they can "backdoor" into more popular courses.
Reply 3
Original post by anonasian
Ngl this is a stupid thing to do. If you were good enough for the course you actually wanted to do you would have got it for it so why not apply?

It could be possible but is in no way guaranteed. It depends on how many of the existing PPE offer holders get their grades and whether they have any spaces. At a competitive uni like Warwick it is unlikely.

So if you firm Warwick you could be spending three years of your life and £27750 on a subject you don’t even want to study

I do really like philosophy, but I like politics/ppe just that little bit more. If I had to do philosophy I wont be upset. But I dont have much confidence in myself so would rather be confident knowing I'd meet the AAB offer which is why I chose philosophy. I just wanted to know that, should I meet my predictions, I could go for the course I like a tad more.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
This would entirely depend on the university and the relevant department(s). Given PPE is extremely popular I would suggest it's very unlikely. They are not obligated to indulge such wishes and they have reason to disallow them to prevent future prospective applicants thinking they can "backdoor" into more popular courses.

That's fair enough, but wouldn't you say both politics and philosophy are equally popular?
Original post by calgary123
That's fair enough, but wouldn't you say both politics and philosophy are equally popular?

I would imagine Politics is more popular than Philosophy, although probably less than PPE itself.

Quick Reply

Latest