The Student Room Group

York uni/predicted grades???

Hey!

When I sat my A-levels I had undiagnosed learning difficulties and so received very little support. I’m predicted CCC now but I feel like I can do better than that now I’m receiving support. A lady from York uni told me it’s still worth applying, even though the course I’m interested in (English in education) asks for BBB. What do you think is the likelihood of me getting an offer from them?
Original post by fcukaylee
Hey!

When I sat my A-levels I had undiagnosed learning difficulties and so received very little support. I’m predicted CCC now but I feel like I can do better than that now I’m receiving support. A lady from York uni told me it’s still worth applying, even though the course I’m interested in (English in education) asks for BBB. What do you think is the likelihood of me getting an offer from them?

I would contact them again as there's only so much they can be lenient with offers so get it in writing that they would still consider you with your predicted grades. Have you got support in place now you've got a diagnosis?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I would contact them again as there's only so much they can be lenient with offers so get it in writing that they would still consider you with your predicted grades. Have you got support in place now you've got a diagnosis?

The lady told me to email the admissions team and I did, they said the same! I’ve got support too, I have a note taker and extra time :smile:
Original post by fcukaylee
The lady told me to email the admissions team and I did, they said the same! I’ve got support too, I have a note taker and extra time :smile:

If they've said so in writing then seems worth a try :smile: , if you've let them know now, it's much easier to get support sorted once your at uni too, as it can take a few weeks to sort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending