The Student Room Group

How can I get an A in A Level Drama?

What it says on the title, I really want to get my grade up but its stuck at the moment as a low B. x
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by SmileyFaces1/
What it says on the title, I really want to get my grade up but its stuck at the moment as a low B. x

Hello! Am a Year 13 with A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies as an option.

Best tip is to learn the mark scheme. Both both written and practical work. For practical you'll get marked on things like movement and gesture, spacing, proxemics for your characters, interaction with others and the audience etc. Learn which carries which marks! Teachers should be able to help.

For written, learn your plays. Analyse them like English Lit, but remember it's about bringing it to life on stage more so than deep analysis.

I take OCR drama, so if that's of any help, feel free to pm me. If not, good luck!
Reply 3
How do you get A or A* grade in A level drama and theater? Also what should one write in the paper about deep analysis of the play that would allow the tutor to give me a grade A 😭

Quick Reply

Latest