The Student Room Group

HELP! Health

My vaginal lips are swollen and itchy and hurt a bit. There is no discharge from my vagina or no smell I haven’t (never have) had sex. I just care of my period and I’m thinking it could have been a reaction to the pad but it is the same pad I use every period.
I’m not sure if it’s a yeast or thrush infection!

*its uncomfortable to walk
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AnnaHarvey9818
My vaginal lips are swollen and itchy and hurt a bit. There is no discharge from my vagina or no smell I haven’t (never have) had sex. I just care of my period and I’m thinking it could have been a reaction to the pad but it is the same pad I use every period.

There are these magical people called GPs, they spend their days in GP surgeries and as if by magic, they help people with medical problems. I'd suggest making an appointment with one rather than looking for unqualified advice on a student website.

Infections tend to cause irritation inside the vagina and not on the outer area. Have you used any soaps or cleansers in that area recently? They could have caused an allergic reaction. Yes, people can also react to things they’ve been fine with previously, so it could be the pad too. If you have done some exercise the sweat hanging around might also have caused some irritation. If you shave down below then that would make irritation more likely, especially if you have shaven a little too close without realising.

But as suggested, a GP is your best bet. Go and get it checked out!
Original post by Glassapple
There are these magical people called GPs, they spend their days in GP surgeries and as if by magic, they help people with medical problems. I'd suggest making an appointment with one rather than looking for unqualified advice on a student website.

Well Scruge, it’s past 6 which means the gps are closed and I am worried at this moment in time and wondered if anyone had an idea.
C u next Tuesday 😐
Well Scruge, it’s past 6 which means the gps are closed and I am worried at this moment in time and wondered if anyone had an idea.
C u next Tuesday 😐

Which is why you call them as soon as they open tomorrow, instead of seeking medical advice from teenagers on the internet.
FYI they’re not all teenagers
Reply 6
Original post by username3588486

Could be plain old irritation, could be something like thrush.
I would have cool, a plain bath (no bubble bath) with a bit of salt in. You could also use something like drapolene or sudocrem to ease the itching a bit.
See how things are after a day or so and if you're still itchy or delelop other symptoms like smell or discharge head to a pharmacy. They can give you advice and possible some treatment depending on what it sounds like to them.
Just one little note though, I believe you are meant to see a dr before taking any thrush treatments if you have never had thrush before. Pharmacist can tell you if that's true.

Quick Reply

Latest