The Student Room Group

I want to rant

I want to rant about my GCSE's!

Scroll to see replies

I want to rant about life.
Do it. I want something to read
I want to rant about pointless, clickbait Student Room threads.
I want to eat a 15 inch pizza, chips and garlic bread! Help me, I'm about to make a decision I'll punish myself for tomorrow !
Okay, so GCSEs was something I felt I had, I could grasp the techniques and definitely procrastinated, but I got myself together and done my exams to the best of my abilities. Then for results day I remember all my friends being worried and I was cheerful because I wasn't scared. Ripped open my results and saw Bs, Cs and Ds. I was upset. Since that day all I have ever said is that these examiners don't know how to mark. They aren't frickin qualified to mark my papers because I know what I wrote and I don't want some adults marking my paper and giving me crap grades and feeling like a failure. I saw most of my friends and new friends talking about how they got 9s, 8s, 7s, A* and As. Obviously they made it look easy.

Then you have those people who want to apply to Oxbridge wanting to do medicine, doing the usual chemistry, maths, biology... talking about their A*s and if they will get into Oxford or Cambridge. Well obviously you will! If you can get good GCSE's and A-levels, making people feel like trash!

But overall if you knew me you would know that I didn't deserve those grades. Now my life kind of sucks because of these examiners who don't know how to mark.

Even after a month of receiving my results, I didn't cry. Then my mum comes and goes like I need tuition and I better get good grades otherwise...
So this pissed me off and I cried because I felt worthless. I tried but obviously she didn't see it and said I should have tried harder. All these parents only care about bloody As and A*s not hard work. Again making me feel crap.

I have always felt crap not getting As or A*s, even in SATS GCSES. I will always be average no matter how hard I try.

Original post by Kevin Hodge

Original post by WutJob..
I want to eat a 15 inch pizza, chips and garlic bread! Help me, I'm about to make a decision I'll punish myself for tomorrow !

Original post by -Mathematician-
I want to rant about pointless, clickbait Student Room threads.

Original post by yungabzzz
Do it. I want something to read
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Okay, so GCSEs was something I felt I had, I could grasp the techniques and definitely procrastinated, but I got myself together and done my exams to the best of my abilities. Then for results day I remember all my friends being worried and I was cheerful because I wasn't scared. Ripped open my results and saw Bs, Cs and Ds. I was upset. Since that day all I have ever said is that these examiners don't know how to mark. They aren't frickin qualified to mark my papers because I know what I wrote and I don't want some adults marking my paper and giving me crap grades and feeling like a failure. I saw most of my friends and new friends talking about how they got 9s, 8s, 7s, A* and As. Obviously they made it look easy.

Then you have those people who want to apply to Oxbridge wanting to do medicine, doing the usual chemistry, maths, biology... talking about their A*s and if they will get into Oxford or Cambridge. Well obviously you will! If you can get good GCSE's and A-levels, making people feel like trash!

But overall if you knew me you would know that I didn't deserve those grades. Now my life kind of sucks because of these examiners who don't know how to mark.

Even after a month of receiving my results, I didn't cry. Then my mum comes and goes like I need tuition and I better get good grades otherwise...
So this pissed me off and I cried because I felt worthless. I tried but obviously she didn't see it and said I should have tried harder. All these parents only care about bloody As and A*s not hard work. Again making me feel crap.

I have always felt crap not getting As or A*s, even in SATS GCSES. I will always be average no matter how hard I try.

Some people are naturally gifted with examinations so get A’s and A*’s. What’s happened has happened. No point crying over the past. The past is out of your control. The future, however, is still in your hands so work hard to achieve the best possible grades and achieve your aspirations :smile:
Some people are naturally gifted with examinations so get A’s and A*’s. What’s happened has happened. No point crying over the past. The past is out of your control. The future, however, is still in your hands so work hard to achieve the best possible grades and achieve your aspirations :smile:

Everyone?
Everyone?

I didn’t do well in my GCSEs. Not everyone gets A*’s everywhere. It’s just on TSR that you see everyone with Cambridge level grades.
Reply 9
Everyone?

everyone what? What's your question?
I didn’t do well in my GCSEs. Not everyone gets A*’s everywhere. It’s just on TSR that you see everyone with Cambridge level grades.

Hmmm. Seems like everyone does though.
I did OK on my GCSEs (meh on TSRs standards), got crap A-Levels and came out with a first at university. Don't let letters on a piece of paper hold you back.
Hmmm. Seems like everyone does though.

Everyone on TSR*

Step out into the real world and it’s really not everyone.

Rant to me bebeh

Lay your head on mama's big ol' chest
Everyone on TSR*

Step out into the real world and it’s really not everyone.

Original post by Salt Queen
Rant to me bebeh

I have and it's nearly everyone.
Original post by Pathway
I did OK on my GCSEs (meh on TSRs standards), got crap A-Levels and came out with a first at university. Don't let letters on a piece of paper hold you back.

I just really hate those examiners.
Original post by Salt Queen
Rant to me bebeh

:lolwut:

I have and it's nearly everyone.

I highly doubt everyone at your school came out with A’s or A*’s, unless you went to a grammar school.

You can't blame the examiners though, if you don't take responsibility for your own grades you won't improve. Plus, if you didn't agree with the grades you received you could've asked to see a photocopy of your test paper and gone through it with your teachers and/or asked for a remark. It's unlikely that every single paper you sat they've marked wrong.
:lolwut:.

😂

Ikr
Reply 19
stop comparing yourself to others, you gain nothing from it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending