The Student Room Group

Getting into clubs under 18?

Right i know the obvious answer is "just wait till you're 18" but this is genuinely just a one off and won't be happening again.
Me and my friends want to go to a club before our exams start and as a birthday treat. The problem is that we are underage. I was looking at fake ids and found a good website but it says you have to pay in bitcoins which i really don't understand? I've asked around to see if i can borrow id but none of my close female friends are over 18 so it's virtually impossible to find someone who would lend me it willingly. I know of a club near me which seems to be very lenient on id so we're looking to go there, it's on a tuesday aswell so i'm assuming since it's not as busy the security won't be as tight, however i know this could equally make the security extra strict. Both my friends look very old for their age, they are both extremely confident and mature also which does help. One is very tall, and the other is small but very curvy so she also looks older. Weve all been served at bars before without question, whereas other girls our age (who we view as looking older) have been turned away from the same bars. I do know bars and clubs are different though. I'm more worried about myself getting in though. I'm about 5'1 with a petite physique. My face isn't the problem, especially with makeup i do look about 18/19, im just worried about my body and height. We know some people of age who may be going there who've said they would band us in (go in, buy us a band, give us it and sneak us in i think? then go back in the queue and buy one for them self) , but i'm not really sure how that works and how we'd get in so we're not sure we want to risk that. I do understand it's not an ideal situation, however i would really appreciate any advice on how to present myself and how to dress to make myself look of age, like what type of outfit to wear, how to get past the bouncer without evidently flagging up my age etc. Thanks in advance.
Give the bouncer a quick one behind the dumpster.
I know of people that just buy NUS Extra cards and "accidentally" put their date of birth such that they are 18, odd coincidence but people seem to manage it a lot! :K:.

But yeah, wait until you're 18. :wink:.
A friend of mine used to bring some sharpies of different colours and draw the stamp on the back of his hand people use when they go outside for cigarettes.
My advice: Revise for your exams instead of going through a failed attempt at getting into a club.
Original post by Dragon5555
My advice: Revise for your exams instead of going through a failed attempt at getting into a club.

Lol @ the implication being a one off club session is going to be detrimental to how well they do in exams.
Reply 6
Original post by Paulington
I know of people that just buy NUS Extra cards and "accidentally" put their date of birth such that they are 18, odd coincidence but people seem to manage it a lot! :K:.

going to try this, thanks!
how long does it take to deliver them do u know? i need it by next tuesday
Original post by itsfantanoo
Lol @ the implication being a one off club session is going to be detrimental to how well they do in exams.

It is unlikely that it would impact her exam so badly, but I was trying to show how there is no point in going through the effort of getting into a club when she is not supposed to be. Anyway, Y.o.L.o
Reply 8
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
A friend of mine used to bring some sharpies of different colours and draw the stamp on the back of his hand people use when they go outside for cigarettes.

the club uses bands instead of stamps, i really don't know the entrances or anything otherwise i'd get someone to go in for me and buy me a band
It is unlikely that it would impact her exam so badly, but I was trying to show how there is no point in going through the effort of getting into a club when she is not supposed to be. Anyway, Y.o.L.o

Not really. If you have friends its actually quite a good laugh just going out. Ive gotten in too.
Reply 10

like i said, i know i'm not supposed to be but it is a one time thing and i'm not the only girl who goes to clubs underage. im sure either you or at least one of your close friends/family members has gone clubbing before they're 18?
Original post by chinchorse
like i said, i know i'm not supposed to be but it is a one time thing and i'm not the only girl who goes to clubs underage. im sure either you or at least one of your close friends/family members has gone clubbing before they're 18?

I understand. If someone else does it or if it is just once it does not help the fact that you will find it difficult to get into the club. It is not necessary and you should perhaps find an alternative place to take your friends? Anyway I don't think I am the right person to speak to about this and I shouldn't really have got involved.
Reply 12
looking 18/19 isn't really going to help, it's check 21, if you look under 21 you'll get IDed
Right i know the obvious answer is "just wait till you're 18" but this is genuinely just a one off and won't be happening again.
Me and my friends want to go to a club before our exams start and as a birthday treat. The problem is that we are underage. I was looking at fake ids and found a good website but it says you have to pay in bitcoins which i really don't understand? I've asked around to see if i can borrow id but none of my close female friends are over 18 so it's virtually impossible to find someone who would lend me it willingly. I know of a club near me which seems to be very lenient on id so we're looking to go there, it's on a tuesday aswell so i'm assuming since it's not as busy the security won't be as tight, however i know this could equally make the security extra strict. Both my friends look very old for their age, they are both extremely confident and mature also which does help. One is very tall, and the other is small but very curvy so she also looks older. Weve all been served at bars before without question, whereas other girls our age (who we view as looking older) have been turned away from the same bars. I do know bars and clubs are different though. I'm more worried about myself getting in though. I'm about 5'1 with a petite physique. My face isn't the problem, especially with makeup i do look about 18/19, im just worried about my body and height. We know some people of age who may be going there who've said they would band us in (go in, buy us a band, give us it and sneak us in i think? then go back in the queue and buy one for them self) , but i'm not really sure how that works and how we'd get in so we're not sure we want to risk that. I do understand it's not an ideal situation, however i would really appreciate any advice on how to present myself and how to dress to make myself look of age, like what type of outfit to wear, how to get past the bouncer without evidently flagging up my age etc. Thanks in advance.

This isn't a good idea at all.
Reply 14
Original post by Paulington

would these pass as valid id tho? i've just thought..
You do realise it’s usually challenge 21 right meaning you need to look over 21 or its auto ID check
Reply 16
Original post by niteninja1
You do realise it’s usually challenge 21 right meaning you need to look over 21 or its auto ID check

yeah i know, for decent places lol. i don't live in a nice area.
would these pass as valid id tho? i've just thought..

Whilst I would never do such a thing, those that did got in just fine. I assume it's because the NUS Extra card is posted directly to your college (so they think it's checked) but I never saw it get checked, so.

But again, it's probably better to wait. :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending