The Student Room Group

Qeustion for Potterheads

Okay, you know in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince, Ronald Weasley misspells his name to 'Roonil Wazlib'? Well, I was bored once so I googled it and turns out, it's also the name of a band! Do you guys know this? Are they any good?

Scroll to see replies

yeah lool i googled them ages ago and they make songs related to harry potter. for example, i believe they have a song called 'mollywobbles'

Original post by Alex Fierro
Okay, you know in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince, Ronald Weasley misspells his name to 'Roonil Wazlib'? Well, I was bored once so I googled it and turns out, it's also the name of a band! Do you guys know this? Are they any good?
Original post by yesmynameis
yeah lool i googled them ages ago and they make songs related to harry potter. for example, i believe they have a song called 'mollywobbles'

Wow. Are all their somgs references? And are they any good?
i swear there's one called harry and the potters or draco and the malfoys or something
Original post by Alex Fierro
Wow. Are all their somgs references? And are they any good?

. Im not too sure since Im not a fan or anything, i literally just googles them one time like you did. i find them quite cringey so I dont listen to them lol i just found them when i was bored. try listening to their songs, they don't have many
Yes I’ve heard about this!
Original post by mez_merising
i swear there's one called harry and the potters or draco and the malfoys or something

Wow. Thats odd. Also out of curiosity, what are your houses? Im Hufflpunk

:badger:
Original post by yesmynameis
. Im not too sure since Im not a fan or anything, i literally just googles them one time like you did. i find them quite cringey so I dont listen to them lol i just found them when i was bored. try listening to their songs, they don't have many

Okay. Ill check them out when I get the chance.
Moved to... I was going to say Music, but let's go with Books, literature and comics due to the theme. :p:
slytherinnn
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Moved to... I was going to say Music, but let's go with Books, literature and comics due to the theme. :p:

I couldnt find a satisfying topic name for this
Original post by mez_merising
slytherinnn

Cool
Reply 12
I always thought he just had terrible writing, not that he grossly misspelled his name. Recall that Harry took Ron's potions book so that Snape wouldn't see that he had the Prince's version, and it was Snape who read out the name "Roonil Wazlib"
Original post by math42
I always thought he just had terrible writing, not that he grossly misspelled his name. Recall that Harry took Ron's potions book so that Snape wouldn't see that he had the Prince's version, and it was Snape who read out the name "Roonil Wazlib"

Wtf is seriously wrong with Ron? Or why does Rowling think that it would be comic relief to make him an insufferably jealous hearted dumbass?
Original post by math42

No! Earlier in the book there was a scene where Hermione saves an essay of Ron's from numerous spelling mistakes + spilled ink, all because Ron was using a Spell Checking Quill on which the charm was wearing off. Ron misspelling his name is a continuation of that joke/because of his quill.

@OP - check the dates - are you very sure the Roonil Wazlib band came out *before* that Harry Potter book was published??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by President Snow
No! Earlier in the book there was a scene where Hermione saves an essay of Ron's from numerous spelling mistakes + spilled ink, all because Ron was using a Spell Checking Quill on which the charm was wearing off. Ron misspelling his name is a continuation of that joke/because of his quill.

@OP - check the dates - are you very sure the Roonil Wazlib band came out *before* that Harry Potter book was published??

Oh yes. A truly shameful mistake on my part.
no idea, but Harry Potter is the best! 4 more Fantastic Beasts movies!!!
Original post by math42

True, but that was also what he misspelled his name to on the DADA essay while using his Spell Check quill, plus Hermoine could read it all right. Also, if it were terrible handwriting one of the teachers would've called him out already. Besides, having Ron write essays for homework and everything, then Snape should be able to read the handwriting.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Original post by Knightoflogic
no idea, but Harry Potter is the best! 4 more Fantastic Beasts movies!!!

Yep! The next one is supposed to focus mainly in Dumbledore and Gellert. Id honestly like to know more about Ariana personally. But too bad there wont be anymore of Newt. :frown: He was awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending