The Student Room Group

Bob Weinstein Accused of Sexual Harassment

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/17/bob-weinstein-sexual-harassment-claim-producer-amanda-segel

If a guy asks a girl out more than once, he must be arrested and sentenced to a minimum of 20 years. He’s sick, evil and dangerous. These perverts are everywhere

Pretty soon there will be universal policies prohibiting workplace romances. You will sign a legal form when hired promising not to get romantically involved with any other employees at the company. Expect marriage and birth rates to plummet for the foreseeable future. Buy stock in sex robots ASAP! :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMEGGGY
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/17/bob-weinstein-sexual-harassment-claim-producer-amanda-segel

If a guy asks a girl out more than once, he must be arrested and sentenced to a minimum of 20 years. He’s sick, evil and dangerous. These perverts are everywhere

Pretty soon there will be universal policies prohibiting workplace romances. You will sign a legal form when hired promising not to get romantically involved with any other employees at the company. Expect marriage and birth rates to plummet for the foreseeable future. Buy stock in sex robots ASAP! :rolleyes:

When I first heard the accusations I thought they were a bit limp. Asking someone on a date, even several times. It becomes harassment of it makes them feel uncomfy and youve asked them to stop, but they do not. the claim against Bob wasnt explained too well, but maybe there was more to it. I found it a bit unconvincing, but with the current hysteria, then everything is very very bad. Any accusations anyone wants to make at the moment will stick.

Im sure it goes on all over and a lot of people were perfectly happy to let it go on as they made money. Actors included.

FTAOD

Wjere theres a crime, then they need to investigate and prosecute so it can be resolved one way or the other.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh I thought they meant Harvey Weinstein who owns Miramax...

Dammit 😵

But still. Hollyweird needs reform.
Original post by 999tigger
When I first heard the accusations I thought they were a bit limp. Asking someone on a date, even several times. It becomes harassment of it makes them feel uncomfy and youve asked them to stop, but they do not. the claim against Bob wasnt explained too well, but maybe there was more to it. I found it a bit unconvincing, but with the current hysteria, then everything is very very bad. Any accusations anyone wants to make at the moment will stick.

Im sure it goes on all over and a lot of people were perfectly happy to let it go on as they made money. Actors included.

Uncomfy? Hahahah, what a weird word to use.
*reading*

Oh I was right! They do mean Harvey too! Oh so his brother is nasty too. Got it. Fire them both. And prison.

🎆🎇🎉🎊 yayy!
Original post by Salt Queen
Oh I thought they meant Harvey Weinstein who owns Miramax...

Dammit 😵

But still. Hollyweird needs reform.

Its his brother. If thats all that has come out from the thousands of women he must have dealt with then its not much. I get the feeling theres some score settling going on as well with the bandwagon.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Uncomfy? Hahahah, what a weird word to use.

What would be more appropriate?
What would be more appropriate?

Uncomfortable.

Yes, your honour, the complainant alleges that Mr Weinstein made her feel objectified and generally uncomfy.
What a thoroughly rotten bunch.
Its his brother. If thats all that has come out from the thousands of women he must have dealt with then its not much. I get the feeling theres some score settling going on as well with the bandwagon.

Um I don't care about misogynist conspiracy theories. I know good and damn well these women albeit agree to do sexual tasks to become "starlets". It's not a human right to become a big-time actress and they can get refused anytime for any reason. And I believe them. And I also believe there is a "culture of silence." And that more happened with more women who you may or nay not know. I also know that actors and actresses you don't hear from again are the ones losing the Hollywood popularity contest namely by upshotting Hollywood's top hats or in this instance, refusing his power tripping sexual offers. He's been spoiled by actresses who have "done whatever it takes."
Um I don't care about misogynist conspiracy theories. I know good and damn well these women albeit agree to do sexual tasks to become "starlets". It's not a human right to become a big-time actress and they can get refused anytime for any reason. And I believe them. And I also believe there is a "culture of silence." And that more happened with more women who you may or nay not know. I also know that actors and actresses you don't hear from again are the ones losing the Hollywood popularity contest namely by upshotting Hollywood's top hats or in this instance, refusing his power tripping sexual offers. He's been spoiled by actresses who have "done whatever it takes."

Not sure what to make of that, but ok.
Not sure what to make of that, but ok.

It's in plain English. I don't care if you agree or not but don't act like it's hard to understand.
Original post by TCA2b

There's really no other way to put it unless you're a rape apologist.
*reading*

Oh I was right! They do mean Harvey too! Oh so his brother is nasty too. Got it. Fire them both. And prison.

🎆🎇🎉🎊 yayy!

Or maybe let them have a trial and make a decision after that

Original post by TCA2b

Good to see the old ‘innocent until proven guilty’ maxim is still upheld.
It's in plain English. I don't care if you agree or not but don't act like it's hard to understand.

Just looked like a rant to me and you havent even bothered to read what the OP was about.
Just looked like a rant to me and you havent even bothered to read what the OP was about.

Maybe you should check my 2nd post where it clearly says I read the stupid article and confirmed for myself that Bob is Harvey's brother and they're both swine. And it's not a rant as much as it is me letting you know that I won't sit quietly when I meet a rape apologist.
You people need to watch the Open Secret.
Yeah the **** right that all those women are lying!! The only person I can't believe is anyone doubting them. I'm fuming at how heartless and clueless people can be. NOW I'm ranting.
Another rape apologist in the mist I see who would rather be the devils advocate for an obvious pervert than believe a media mogul touches up desperate wanna be actresses. Oh yes, so hard to believe. gtfo.

I’m not sure if you’re impersonating an SJW or you are an SJW.
Original post by Underscore__
I’m not sure if you’re impersonating an SJW or you are an SJW.

Now STOP quoting me. I can't bother to educate you about the real world. go make some breakfast, you need it. How dare you doubt dozens of women? And I don't care if it was just 1. A pervert is a pervert. you're trying to be cool calling me an sjw for caring. Absolutely ridiculous that people like this are created who would rather defend a pervert.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending