The Student Room Group

SFE Undergraduate 2018/19

Hi,
I will be going to university from September 2018 and would like to know when Student Finance opens so that we can apply.
Also Could you please talk to through the application process.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Best Wishes,
Haneeq Ahmed.
Original post by haneeq786
Hi,
I will be going to university from September 2018 and would like to know when Student Finance opens so that we can apply.
Also Could you please talk to through the application process.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Best Wishes,
Haneeq Ahmed.

It will be in March/April time next year probably. Keep an eye on TSR (and if you're applying through UCAS they'll normally send you an email when it opens)
Reply 2
Thanks but can you talk me through the application process
Hi Haneeq,

I can advise you about the application process for student finance but for UCAS you would need to check with them or have a look on their website to get an idea what you need to do. You can have a look at this by clicking here.

You can make a student finance application with us as soon as the applications open next year even if you don't have a confirmed place at University at that time. There is usually a deadline date for applying for student finance that is confirmed when our applications open and you are advised to apply before this date to make sure you have your funding in place for starting your course. An application typically takes at least six weeks for processing.

The best way to apply is online so if you have never had student finance before then you would need to register first for an account and you can do this by clicking here. Just follow the application process online to answer the questions and once your application is submitted you will be told online what evidence you need to send us. You can monitor the progress of your application from your online account and if we need anything else it would show up on your To Do List online.

Once we approve your application we will send you out a Notification of Entitlement letter and a copy of this would also be available on your online account. If you are applying for a loan for the first time we would need to check your National Insurance Number with the Department for Work and Pensions and once they confirm it is valid we would need your institution to send us Confirmation of Registration (COR) which they should send to us automatically once you have completed the registration process and Confirmation of Attendance (COA) for us to pay any fees to them. Once we receive these your payment is released and in your account within three to five working days after that. You will also be able to view your payment status via your online account as well.

There are some great resources on The Student Room such as quick guides and films that you can access by clicking on the student finance tab on the blue bar that runs near the top of the screen, then you click on 'resources' or you can click here to find this information directly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending