The Student Room Group

How much lower is your lowest offer than your predicted grades?

My school has told us to apply to one uni which has a standard offer of two grades lower than your predictions, i.e. if you're predicted AAA, you should apply to one uni which has a standard offer ABB.

Just wondering if anyone else has actually followed this? What's your lowest offer compared to your predicted grades?
Hi there I'm predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is AAB... this is purely a safety net and depending on how confident you feel in yourself, you should apply accordingly. If you're very strong academically and have good exam technique for example, there's no reason why you can't have a lowest offer only one grade down from your predicted grades ... hope that helps!
Reply 2
Predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is likely to be BBC (haven't applied for said uni yet :redface:) mainly because I love the course and had circumstances that led to me originally having A*AD predictions :tongue:

Edit - if you're consistent in grades I don't see any reason not to apply to fairly similar graded universities :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by eastendwannabe
Hi there I'm predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is AAB... this is purely a safety net and depending on how confident you feel in yourself, you should apply accordingly. If you're very strong academically and have good exam technique for example, there's no reason why you can't have a lowest offer only one grade down from your predicted grades ... hope that helps!

That does, thank you! I was just wondering if it's completely mental to apply to a place with only one grade down.
Original post by vaneskara
That does, thank you! I was just wondering if it's completely mental to apply to a place with only one grade down.

No, not at all - thousands of applicants every year would do this. Your school is trying to ensure that you have a viable backup choice, but they cannot force you into a particular strategy. Only choose unis where you would be willing to study.
My predicted is AAA and my lowest right now is a BBB, but I'm thinking about looking for a BBC, just in case.
Original post by nerrie.apps114
My predicted is AAA and my lowest right now is a BBB, but I'm thinking about looking for a BBC, just in case.

Are your marks seriously that low?
Reply 7
Im predicted A*AA, my lowest would be AAB
Original post by ageshallnot
Are your marks seriously that low?

I don't think AAA is very low?
I don't think AAA is very low?

It's not. I was asking if your marks in class are so low that have genuine reason to fear dropping to BBC?
Original post by ageshallnot
It's not. I was asking if your marks in class are so low that have genuine reason to fear dropping to BBC?

Oh, sorry! I'm still getting A's in my classes so far, but I'm just worried in case I have an awful day on the exams and I don't really want to go through clearing. I just wanted a safety net in case of that.
Oh, sorry! I'm still getting A's in my classes so far, but I'm just worried in case I have an awful day on the exams and I don't really want to go through clearing. I just wanted a safety net in case of that.

It would have to be several awful days!

Just make sure that you are happy to go to whatever safety net you choose. You should only need one of them.
A*A*A*, looking at applying for AAB. Probably will insure an AAA course though, with A*AA being firm (if all goes to plan)

Problem is if I get one B im in clearing.
Original post by Erdon
Predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is likely to be BBC (haven't applied for said uni yet :redface:) mainly because I love the course and had circumstances that led to me originally having A*AD predictions :tongue:

Edit - if you're consistent in grades I don't see any reason not to apply to fairly similar graded universities :smile:

Is that MMU?
I'm predicted AAA and my lowest is an AAA. No net b
I’m predicted A*A*A* and my lowest is BBC although I applied for 2nd year entry which makes the offer ABB I think
Reply 16
Original post by vector12
Is that MMU?

Keele :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest