The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by anarchism101
What areas would those be? You do know the leaflets in that DM article weren't official documents, right? Waltham Forest isn't actually a "Sharia Zone".....

Yes. But that's not to say they don't exist. Areas such as Bury Park in Luton are Sharia Zones. I think it's Bury, or Berry, either or.
Original post by itsfantanoo
Elaborate? Or are you just going to concede here like you did with all the other arguments you start here? Because you're 30+ years old and you're on TSR. Lol.

is he actually 30??? omfg
Original post by Golden State
I’ve never felt truly British because of the colour of my skin, even though I was adopted by a White family. I know that I’m not Ethnically British. But, it’s attitudes like that which are alienating Ethnic Minority Brits, because no matter what they do, no matter how patriotic they are, they will mostly be seen as an outsider, and not truly British.

Are non-Muslim blacks and Asians now seen as more British than in the 1990s now that Muslims are viewed as the most troublesome and problematic community?
Original post by babsxox
is he actually 30??? omfg

33 to be clear, and I find it hilarious that this has been brought up.
Original post by paul514

honestly it's so fascinating based on the posts you often make/respond to and some of the terminology that you sometimes use. but it's irrelevant to this discussion so w/e
Original post by babsxox
honestly it's so fascinating based on the posts you often make/respond to and some of the terminology that you sometimes use. but it's irrelevant to this discussion so w/e

You can PM me about your fascination if you like
They're usually not British. I don't mind if they're born here but immigration has gone waaay overboard here.
Reply 87
Original post by Golden State
I’ve never felt truly British because of the colour of my skin, even though I was adopted by a White family. I know that I’m not Ethnically British. But, it’s attitudes like that which are alienating Ethnic Minority Brits, because no matter what they do, no matter how patriotic they are, they will mostly be seen as an outsider, and not truly British.

This is exactly how I feel. I was born in Britain, and feel British (how can I be anything else?) But as I have brown skin, people will never look at me and think I'm from here, will always be seen as an outsider.
Original post by Luhar
This is exactly how I feel. I was born in Britain, and feel British (how can I be anything else?) But as I have brown skin, people will never look at me and think I'm from here, will always be seen as an outsider.

Have you two never thought that it might just be in your head that people think that?
I’m not saying you’re mentally ill or anything and yes the next word is but.... lol

When doing counselling it’s important to get the client to put themselves in other people shoes or even to view past events as themselves today to see if they have a different take on it.

You would be amazed how often they change their mind or open themselves up to different thoughts when they do this.

Yes there is some people who will use stupid lines like if you were born in a stable do that make you a horse but they are retards and there aren’t that many people anymore who think like that.

Being British is a state of mind just like it pretty is for most nationalities
Original post by paul514
Have you two never thought that it might just be in your head that people think that?
I’m not saying you’re mentally ill or anything and yes the next word is but.... lol

When doing counselling it’s important to get the client to put themselves in other people shoes or even to view past events as themselves today to see if they have a different take on it.

You would be amazed how often they change their mind or open themselves up to different thoughts when they do this.

Yes there is some people who will use stupid lines like if you were born in a stable do that make you a horse but they are retards and there aren’t that many people anymore who think like that.

Being British is a state of mind just like it pretty is for most nationalities

But a lot of white british people don't see people that don't have white skin as British...
A particular user on here even said that black/asian people aren't british even though they are born here.
Original post by paul514

It's totally relevant. You're an entire generation above the rest of us and yet you still can't have a mature conversation.
I think it’s sad that we’re even having this conversation, British people are British people regardless of skin colour, gender, or sexual orientation. We are British and it’s our diversity that makes us proud to be British.
Sure there are certain areas where the majority of people aren’t white, but if you look at the rest of the UK, specifically the more rural areas, 90% of people there are white, it’s just that non white people seem to be more concentrated in larger cities.
Original post by MartinF98
There are entire neighbourhoods of cities/towns like London, Bradford, Luton, Leicester, Rotherham, Slough, Batley, Blackburn, Birmingham and small towns across the country that are majority Asian. There seems to be a lot of racial segregation in a lot of cities, which points to a clear integration problem. In a majority white British country like the UK, it's quite shocking, especially to tourists, that there are parts of London which are majority non-white where you'd struggle to find an English person. I feel like we are losing our identity. The non-white population is increasing at a rapid rate and even though we're not going to be minorities in our country anytime soon, we are already minorities

Imagine if you go to Tokyo and there are large swathes of the city where the majority of people are black or Indian instead of Japanese. Here, we seem to not care about our ethnic identity. Being British is no longer connected to our heritage, almost anyone who's born here is considered 'British' even if they don't live in our culture.

Im of indian descent in Luton and I guarantee a majority of people here are white british. There is 2 neighbourhoods where you have a concentration of asian (nice rhyme :lol:) which get all the bad news as these sods are loud stereotypes but otherwise Id say there si an eclectic mix of people. In fact when I did my GCSEs, you didnt need all your digits to count the amount of asian people in my year as there were over 190 british caucasian people in a school year of ~220 students.
It's totally relevant. You're an entire generation above the rest of us and yet you still can't have a mature conversation.

So what? What’s that got to do with anything on a politics and news forum?

As for how conversations or debates are conducted you want it done your own way and I’ll do it however I feel like on any given hour.
Original post by loveleest
But a lot of white british people don't see people that don't have white skin as British...
A particular user on here even said that black/asian people aren't british even though they are born here.

Well I completely disagree I think the vast majority think like I do about what makes someone British and being white isn’t a prerequisite
Original post by paul514

As for how conversations or debates are conducted you want it done your own way and I’ll do it however I feel like on any given hour.

Do you not find it even slightly weird that you're still here at your age?

If I was on TSR when im 33 i'd be seriously disappointed and consider myself a failure but hey, each to their own i guess.
Do you not find it even slightly weird that you're still here at your age?

If I was on TSR when im 33 i'd be seriously disappointed and consider myself a failure but hey, each to their own i guess.

Well I went to university at 28 if that makes a difference, however it might surprise you that I don’t judge as a failure or success based upon my use of a forum to chat about politics and the news 😂
Original post by paul514
Well I went to university at 28 if that makes a difference, however it might surprise you that I don’t judge as a failure or success based upon my use of a forum to chat about politics and the news 😂

Nope, as you're not a student.

Well, I will judge you when you pathetically concede every time. Must suck losing arguments to people more than 10 years younger than you :wink:
Original post by paul514

actually it's highly relevant because at this point you've called someone who disagrees with you stupid when you didn't actually defend your position. to throw around insults and saying that you're right and your opposition is somehow wrong despite the fact you still haven't explained why is the opposite of mature.
Nope, as you're not a student.

Well, I will judge you when you pathetically concede every time. Must suck losing arguments to people more than 10 years younger than you :wink:

Ah right so everyone should deactivate their account when they take the cap and gown off.... 😂 I’ll do what I like thanks and FYI there’s loads of ex students on here.

As for your concede comment, you say everyone has conceded when they don’t debate on your terms, which again I find hilarious.

As for losing arguments to people who are ten years younger than me I really wouldn’t care that’s what discussions are for in politics and I don’t judge people in that way, it’s pretty pathetic that you do in my opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending