The Student Room Group

Muslims in the Royal Navy

I am Muslim, and I was thinking of joining the Navy as an engineer, doing a degree apprenticeship. DO I have to go through some sort of training that requires me to take my scarf off?

Please enlighten me to what my role would be.
Original post by Hellon
I am Muslim, and I was thinking of joining the Navy as an engineer, doing a degree apprenticeship. DO I have to go through some sort of training that requires me to take my scarf off?

Please enlighten me to what my role would be.

Ignore what John0012 said.

The Royal Navy takes freedom of religion very seriously and you will not be required to remove your headscarf unless there is some specific health and safety reason for doing so.

You will also be free to pray on the flight deck of the ship however you will only be allowed to pray when you have free time and cannot pray while on duty.
That is very helpful Ninja Squirrel
John012 I won't waste more thought to your opinion, since it is entirely yours, and others like you won't help to stop me from applying since I too am British with a passport to identify and if your concerned as to whether all Muslims are terrorists and don't want to defend their country I suggest you think again.
Original post by John0012
In my personal opinion, I wouldn't be applying to join as a navy engineer since your muslim, the british navy is for BRITISH PEOPLE ONLY, HENCE THE NAME BRITISH NAVY, SO yeah...

I do hope you're Troll, it would take a real dumb*** to not realise that someone's religion has nothing to do with their nationality.

Edit: Seeing as this is the first post you made on an account created today, I'm going to go with you being a troll.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hellon
That is very helpful Ninja Squirrel

You're very welcome, you mention you're doing a degree apprenticeship so will you be applying as an officer? If so your duties can be found here Marine Engineer, Weapons Engineer

Best of luck to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending