The Student Room Group

Compliments - ever had one that made you temporarily speechless?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
when a guy told me i was very f**kable.... I was 12
Reply 21
Original post by Nerry
when a guy told me i was very f**kable.... I was 12

*calls the police*
Reply 22
I basically had a friend who needed graph paper to draw a graph and she said that she was going to go buy some graph paper from Rymans (and we all know that your probably gonna have to buy a pack of 10 sheets and you only need like 1) so instead i said to her why don't you PRINT some graph paper (because it is cheaper and more convenient as we were in the library at the time) by just finding a picture of some graph paper and print that. And because of this she called me a genius. I did not take her seriously because anyone can think of that idea and when i brushed it off she said no seriously it's true because no else thought of that.
Reply 23
Original post by Avaia
*calls the police*

:cry2:
Reply 24
Original post by Nerry
:cry2:

not sure if pedo.jpg
Reply 25
Original post by Avaia
not sure if pedo.jpg

Reply 26
Original post by Nerry

penis inspector.jpg

-Reason 73 why Avaia was banned from TSF-
yeah i think it can be nice but if it's someone being obviously creepy then... nah
okay the memes on this are out of hand. stop freaks
I have had 2 “complements” that have stayed with me for years.

I have dark hair and brown eyes. One guy who spotted me across a crowded room when I was 18 came over and said. I hope you don’t mind, but you have the loveliest brown eyes..just like a cows!” He was a young farmer lol and actually meant it as a complement apparently!

I am also a dead ringer for Mary Beth Lacey in the old cop series Cagney and Lacey, One guy said to me once “You look like the ugly one in Cagney and Lacey. Oh nice ugly though! “...needless to say he didn’t get a date ha ha!
“You’ve got lickable shoulders”

Erm. Thanks?
Reply 31
people always say they like my hair and eyebrows
Reply 32
once someone said to me you should smile more your so pretty when u smile and I felt lime do i always look grumpy or something ?
Usually if a complement leaves me speechless it is a negative reaction, but I will try to find some positive ones.
Negative:
1. I was in the army, didn't want to eat the crappy food. One guy called me anorexic (I was very skinny), another guy said : "Anorexic girls are pretty". I was all like WTF???

2. "You sound very serious with that deep voice of yours". - I hate my voice. And why would any girl take it as a compliment....

Possitive:
1. A guy I was sort of dating.... we were fooling around I was making noises and moving like a cat and he told I was acting completely catty. I was melting from joy....

2. I was doing some acro-yoga exercise, I was sure I do it completely wrong, after I've done it he instructor said "perfection!" I was shocked....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post by Avaia
"You have lovely veins, they are so big and juicy"-

I used to say that when I was a medical assistant. I also say that secretly I'm a vampire so I love the job.
'You have a good face for the radio...' said my then boyfriend.

If anyone told me that I would marry him, and still be with him today I would have said that they were completely off their rocker.
When people think I'm wearing makeup but I'm not even wearing one bit :h:
Reply 36
Original post by meenu89
'You have a good face for the radio...' said my then boyfriend.

If anyone told me that I would marry him, and still be with him today I would have said that they were completely off their rocker.

(edited 6 years ago)
Maybe when my friend said she sees potential in me and I played it off in a jokey way but inside I really felt shocked and kinda happy that someone had faith in me (^~^)
"i want to wear your skin" <- definitely left me speechless haha
"you sound like a phone sex operator"

Quick Reply

Latest