The Student Room Group

Eau de toilette recommendations?

Under about £60-£80 for say...100ml (200ml ideally)

I've had Versace Eros, and that was very cheap for what it is, but I dunno, I like changing it every year and that's kinda running out!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by The_Internet
Under about £60-£80 for say...100ml (200ml ideally)

I've had Versace Eros, and that was very cheap for what it is, but I dunno, I like changing it every year and that's kinda running out!

If you want to splash the cash get Bleu de Chanel. Smells amazing and is within your price range.
Original post by UWS
If you want to splash the cash get Bleu de Chanel. Smells amazing and is within your price range.

So...this?

http://www.feelunique.com/p/CHANEL-BLEU-DE-CHANEL-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray-150ml
If you wore Versace Eros, then that implies that you like citrusy fragrances with aromatic nuances. I'd recommend Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, which is a classic citrus-musk fragrance or Sauvage by Dior - a clean-cut and sophisticated aromatic scent with a fresh edge.
Reply 5

That's the one. You can get it for cheaper though.
Original post by UWS
That's the one. You can get it for cheaper though.

Where from? (For 150ml too)

I'll have a smell at the local stores
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Where from? (For 150ml too)

I'll have a smell at the local stores

Oh, I realised it's 150ml. I have the 100ml one.

It smells amazing, I strongly recommend it.
Original post by UWS
Oh, I realised it's 150ml. I have the 100ml one.

It smells amazing, I strongly recommend it.

Thanks. WHat I do quite like about this so far, is that it doesn't have that many reviews. I understand that sounds weird, but it implies fewer people have it. I don't want to smell like everyone else

Something like Davidoff coolwater has loads of reviews, and it was on HUKD a lot. Joop was pretty popular too.Basically, I try to stay away from the popular stuff, and the stuff on TV a lot
I'll pop in to a local store to give it a smell!
Reply 9
Thanks. WHat I do quite like about this so far, is that it doesn't have that many reviews. I understand that sounds weird, but it implies fewer people have it. I don't want to smell like everyone else

Something like Davidoff coolwater has loads of reviews, and it was on HUKD a lot. Joop was pretty popular too.Basically, I try to stay away from the popular stuff, and the stuff on TV a lot

One of my friends told me about it, it's really good.

Will let you decide though, the gf likes it a lot if you want some reviews :tongue:

Let me know if you decide to get it though :biggrin:

I quite like the white Lacoste, I'm tempted to give Dior Sauvage a try, Ive not smelt it before though.
Original post by Technetium
If you wore Versace Eros, then that implies that you like citrusy fragrances with aromatic nuances. I'd recommend Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, which is a classic citrus-musk fragrance or Sauvage by Dior - a clean-cut and sophisticated aromatic scent with a fresh edge.

Tbh, I also did like Davidoff (as much as I "slated" it above) when I bought it (at a younger age) That does have a different smell. I've got some other Versace product that was gifted to me, that doesn't smell too bad

I've also got some Hugo Boss one that I think smells pretty bad - it smells a bit too much like alcohol for my liking, but my brother seems to like it, so I've given it to him (mum bought that one)

Though you're probably right. I have bought more of the fruity stuff, than the "crisp" stuff. I'll have a smell of that locally too (and check out reviews )
Le male.

EDIT: Stop buying anything by versace

Thanks, but as much as I try not to be put off by looks of a product, this looks very unappealing to me (though might smell amazing)

Also, lol at this review "Could be cheaper" It's freaking £16 for 300ml!
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Le male.

Why stop buying any thing by Versace?
Why stop buying any thing by Versace?

It's a bit ghetto fabulous.

It reminds me of those kids in bait out a hoe videos who skip meals to buy one item which is designer.
Original post by moonkatt
I quite like the white Lacoste, I'm tempted to give Dior Sauvage a try, Ive not smelt it before though.

Does it smell any thing like Lacoste sport. I think I had that at 16 or so. I found it OK, but not amazing
It's a bit ghetto fabulous.

It reminds me of those kids in bait out a hoe videos who skip meals to buy one item which is designer.

Tbh, pretty sure those types of people just tend to get the designer clothes, and not say the fragrance from them.
Tbh, pretty sure those types of people just tend to get the designer clothes, and not say the fragrance from them.

That's even worse.
Original post by UWS

Original post by Technetium

Original post by moonkatt

Le male.

So.... I'll give the following a try

- Bleu de Chanel
- Allure Homme Sport by Chanel
- Sauvage by Dior
- White Lacoste (Though, that does seem a tad mainstream?)
- Le male

If I can. Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending