The Student Room Group

Child Nursing - How does the timetable look like

I've heard that you don't get long holidays like everyone does. You don't get much days off. There's hardly any breaks in between. Is this true?
For example, City university of London.
Original post by That_Hijabi
I've heard that you don't get long holidays like everyone does. You don't get much days off. There's hardly any breaks in between. Is this true?
For example, City university of London.

Hi, I am a first year student nurse. Nursing and midwifery courses do have longer term times, at my university we have 3 weeks off over Christmas/new year, 2 weeks over Easter and four weeks in summer. We have around 3 days a week at university at the moment but there is independent study on top of that.
Nursing is a full time course and not like other university degrees. Attending an open day at the university you mentioned or others you are interested in will help you find more out about studying there.
I hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, I am a first year student nurse. Nursing and midwifery courses do have longer term times, at my university we have 3 weeks off over Christmas/new year, 2 weeks over Easter and four weeks in summer. We have around 3 days a week at university at the moment but there is independent study on top of that.
Nursing is a full time course and not like other university degrees. Attending an open day at the university you mentioned or others you are interested in will help you find more out about studying there.
I hope this helps.

Four weeks of summer? That's less than what primary school kids get and that's the most important holiday! Other uni students get 3 months!! Thanks though.
Four weeks of summer? That's less than what primary school kids get and that's the most important holiday! Other uni students get 3 months!! Thanks though.

Welcome to adult life. Nursing is a professional course, preparing you to work as a registered nurse, there's a lot of content to get through and placement hours to accumulate. Once qualified you'll be lucky to be able to take a couple of weeks annual leave in the summer as it's an incredibly popular time of the year to take time off.
All the best :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
All the best :smile:

All the best to you too :biggrin:

Yes four weeks of summer. But as moonkatt said nursing is professional course & there is a lot to get through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending