The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship to university?

I have been offered a place at Fujitsu to be a Software Developer Apprentice. The apprenticeship lasts 18 months. However, I also hold an unconditional offer at the Uni of Bristol to study computer science. My question is, would it be beneficial and is it feasible to accept the apprenticeship then leave just before I go to uni?
(I am definitely going to uni but I want to make the most out of both situations and kinda do both). I'd appreciate any opinions - thank you.
Kevin
Original post by Kaasi
I have been offered a place at Fujitsu to be a Software Developer Apprentice. The apprenticeship lasts 18 months. However, I also hold an unconditional offer at the Uni of Bristol to study computer science. My question is, would it be beneficial and is it feasible to accept the apprenticeship then leave just before I go to uni?
(I am definitely going to uni but I want to make the most out of both situations and kinda do both). I'd appreciate any opinions - thank you.
Kevin

The contact might have a clause that you can't leave without paying training costs back and you won't get a qualification without finishing the apprenticeship so there isn't much point doing both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending