The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Student life at Leeds College of Art?

Looking to study a foundation course in art and design next year, maybe go into graphic design after that idk, and i was just wondering what the student life is like for leeds arts uni compared to the other unis at leeds? I've seen so much on the uni of leeds student union and all the societies and stuff you can join, but not very much on the stuff available for students of leeds arts uni.

How intermixed are the unis? Id be able to go to events organised by other student unions and such right? I just dont know how it all works and am looking for a little insight into it. Thanks
I've been to open days and interviews at the university and got the impression that the universities are pretty linked. Some students from other universities live in the same accommodation and you can take part in other universities student unions and societies (I think). Seemed to me like student life was good there, definitely a big part of why I want to study there :smile:
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Original post by Matchey10
Looking to study a foundation course in art and design next year, maybe go into graphic design after that idk, and i was just wondering what the student life is like for leeds arts uni compared to the other unis at leeds? I've seen so much on the uni of leeds student union and all the societies and stuff you can join, but not very much on the stuff available for students of leeds arts uni.

How intermixed are the unis? Id be able to go to events organised by other student unions and such right? I just dont know how it all works and am looking for a little insight into it. Thanks

Hello!

Student life in Leeds is really great! I studied the BA (Hons) Fine Art course at Leeds Arts University and I now work for the University so I have lived in Leeds for nearly four years. If you're considering moving into student accommodation you meet a lot of students at Leeds Arts University but also the other universities in Leeds and make lots of friends!

There are loads of things to do within the city that appeal to everyone. There's lots of bars, small pubs, independent cafés and shops, creative workshops to join, music events every night, book clubs... the list goes on! There is always something to do every night.

When it comes to societies at Leeds Arts University, you can join as many societies as you want. If you have a passion and want to share it with other like-minded people and create the society within the University then you are more than welcome to suggest it! Although if there is already a society that you would like to join at University of Leeds, you are allowed to join them too!

I hope this information helps! Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions :smile:

Belinda
I did the foundation this year ! (you finish on april 30th)
I found that the unis, tho linked, didn't rly feel like it and we never rly mixed??
You can go to the Leeds arts uni societies things, but u don't rly get told about it on foundation. You do have free reign of all the unis social things, you can go to both university sites too. Foundation students just tend not to go, and stick with just foundation social things.

It was rly amazing, you won't regret it. srs first term is a bit confusing bc everyone new, but it gets a lot better.
I wanted to join some societies, but was fine n happy without! You meet a lot of people, and change up classes/seats a few times.
Reply 4
Awesome. I managed to get an offer for the foundation year and am looking forward to going next year. Im glad to hear your support for it lol. Thanks!
Original post by bonbonoj
I did the foundation this year ! (you finish on april 30th)
I found that the unis, tho linked, didn't rly feel like it and we never rly mixed??
You can go to the Leeds arts uni societies things, but u don't rly get told about it on foundation. You do have free reign of all the unis social things, you can go to both university sites too. Foundation students just tend not to go, and stick with just foundation social things.

It was rly amazing, you won't regret it. srs first term is a bit confusing bc everyone new, but it gets a lot better.
I wanted to join some societies, but was fine n happy without! You meet a lot of people, and change up classes/seats a few times.
Reply 5
Hiya, I'm interested in doing this course this year, do you recommend?? Also did you get to take part in other societies in the end and stuff?
Reply 6
hiya i'm intersted in doing the foundation year and was wondering if you reccommend?? :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest