The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

URGENT!! Should I resit year 12 or carry on with year 13

I completed as levels of geography and business in which I got 2 Cs in. I wasnt happy with them but I didn’t do anything to change it. Two weeks ago I was given so many deadlines so I panicked and dropped out of sixth form drastically. I enrolled into college to do a btec which is not my thing. I’m now looking at going back to a levels in a different school and am indecisive of whether i should resit the year or carry on because I would rather go uni this year but with my situation grades will be harder to obtain as I’ve missed so much. I also would only have 1 uni choice that I’m happy to go to or if I re sat I would have far more hopefully and move to where I want eg Birmingham or Manchester however, my parents don’t want me to go that far and if I carried on with year 13 my one choice would be around 45 minutes away so not that bad. Also my mum would like me to resit but if I improve my grades she would still like me to go near. PLEASE HELP !! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Coolkitty558
I completed as levels of geography and business in which I got 2 Cs in. I wasnt happy with them but I didn’t do anything to change it. Two weeks ago I was given so many deadlines so I panicked and dropped out of sixth form drastically. I enrolled into college to do a btec which is not my thing. I’m now looking at going back to a levels in a different school and am indecisive of whether i should resit the year or carry on because I would rather go uni this year but with my situation grades will be harder to obtain as I’ve missed so much. I also would only have 1 uni choice that I’m happy to go to or if I re sat I would have far more hopefully and move to where I want eg Birmingham or Manchester however, my parents don’t want me to go that far and if I carried on with year 13 my one choice would be around 45 minutes away so not that bad. Also my mum would like me to resit but if I improve my grades she would still like me to go near where the grades and uni is low. PLEASE HELP !! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :smile:

Hello - I can't speak for you, as only you know what choice you can make, but I will say from my experience -

I'm currently in Year 13, and came extremely close to resitting the year. It made sense, id missed a lot, my grades weren't great, going from the beginning seemed to make sense to me. But I didn't. And I think I'm so glad I didn't. Im more driven than I've ever been. Putting in more hours than I ever have. And I think it'll pay off in my grades. My attendance at AS level was less than 50%, and I got a D in the one AS I sat. But with a strict working plan, this is the year that changes!

Do you want to start over, or do you want to continue in your year? You have factors to consider, and you need to pick what feels right for you.

Good luck.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Quick Reply