The Student Room Group

Approaching attractive strangers...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amyfordd
Stand on back of shoe, steal shoe, hold shoe for ransom. "date me and you will get your shoe back"

That is also a plan!
Reply 21
Original post by VirgoStrain
Just don’t.

I'm gonna... you can be the first.
omg u r so cute. wanna hang out l8r? grab a coffee? you like puppies? I know a place where there's lots of them... *backs in to a shadowed corridor*
Reply 22
Hey random stranger walking past that coop store going to work somewhere in Kensington, wanna hang out?

Heck yeah I do. But only if you know a place with lots of puppies
Be careful at work. Particularly, in the same office or division! If things don't work out, very likely someone will have to change jobs. It is also dangerous to socialize at subcontractors, or at a prime, if you are a sub. She could turn out to be a supervisor in the prime, that is managing your subcontract. Another reason, is the same reason that a husband and wife should NEVER work at the same company, or in the same industry. If the market for "widgets" crashes, you both may well end up being laid off. That means you can't come close to paying the rent or house payment. It's much better if you are in two diff industries - like a nurse and an engineer. Best of luck.
Original post by Avaia
You realise when you pull the race card on an online forum you just prove how much of a backwards moron you are...

Again I'll hold my tongue since you get offended even when I wasn't talking to you.

you're making no sense and it's not because you're black. I literally couldn't care if you were orange, blue or pink. I wouldn't even mind if you were a dog, in fact I'd probably like you more.
your first post was ridiculous and a tad insulting. I'd quote it but it's gone???
you can play "I'm talking about men approaching women" or "it's cos I'm a black diva" but in reality I couldn't care less.
You do you boo. Carry on "slapping" and "throwing ice" to "defend" yourself from the conversation of males. Take a step back. Evaluate. Breathe. And now leave.

I'll respond to you in private so I don't hurt your feelings in public
You could approach them now, and worst case scenario you look a bit weird or desp at most, they forget you soon since they are worried more about their own life OR you actually get the girl. At the end of the day- you know the definite answer. You won't the rest of your life imagining "What if I had approached her" and hate yourself for it.
Luckily in my case, I loathe myself enough to always do the latter like a complete pussy(cat) lmao, and think about it every night.
Nah- I need to fix up and focus on my A Levels.
Reply 26
Original post by Rabbit2
Be careful at work. Particularly, in the same office or division! If things don't work out, very likely someone will have to change jobs. It is also dangerous to socialize at subcontractors, or at a prime, if you are a sub. She could turn out to be a supervisor in the prime, that is managing your subcontract. Another reason, is the same reason that a husband and wife should NEVER work at the same company, or in the same industry. If the market for "widgets" crashes, you both may well end up being laid off. That means you can't come close to paying the rent or house payment. It's much better if you are in two diff industries - like a nurse and an engineer. Best of luck.

already dated someone I work with closely for a year, now it's hella awkward but it's fine. They are in a different department and of a different profession
Reply 27
Original post by MADMANMALIK
You could approach them now, and worst case scenario you look a bit weird or desp at most, they forget you soon since they are worried more about their own life OR you actually get the girl. At the end of the day- you know the definite answer. You won't the rest of your life imagining "What if I had approached her" and hate yourself for it.
Luckily in my case, I loathe myself enough to always do the latter like a complete pussy(cat) lmao, and think about it every night.
Nah- I need to fix up and focus on my A Levels.

why does everyone assume I'm a male seeking female. literally I'm a female seeking a male ☹️😂
yeah I always regret when I get the chance and pussy out. I'm waiting to hear from uni so no studies until I go (I'm 20)
Reply 28
I can be your puppy 💦 tie me up and play with me

Ya need Jesus
why does everyone assume I'm a male seeking female. literally I'm a female seeking a male ☹️😂
yeah I always regret when I get the chance and pussy out. I'm waiting to hear from uni so no studies until I go (I'm 20)

Oops my apologies. Lame assumption. 99/100 times it is usually the guy that has to do it. Its amazing that you try though! That makes it easier for the other side. Obv u will have the bigger balls in the relationship 😂😂 jk jk
Reply 30
Original post by MADMANMALIK
Oops my apologies. Lame assumption. 99/100 times it is usually the guy that has to do it. Its amazing that you try though! That makes it easier for the other side. Obv u will have the bigger balls in the relationship 😂😂 jk jk

no problem, I would probably come to the same assumption but I'm tired of waiting to be approached by people I actually have an initial attraction to 😂
Reply 31
I have Jesus, but I need someone to demolish me 😩😩💦💦

#relatable
(edited 6 years ago)
no problem, I would probably come to the same assumption but I'm tired of waiting to be approached by people I actually have an initial attraction to 😂

Well, you could just flat out ask them whether they are dating anyone. That ought to pique their interest. I'm male, and i wouldn't be put off by that at all, i would feel flattered. Of course, i'm a yank - so my thresholds might be set differently than a Uk male's. Cheers.
Reply 33
Original post by Rabbit2
Well, you could just flat out ask them whether they are dating anyone. That ought to pique their interest. I'm male, and i wouldn't be put off by that at all, i would feel flattered. Of course, i'm a yank - so my thresholds might be set differently than a Uk male's. Cheers.

Maybe I should think about moving 🤔 US here I come..
simple and to the point is more what I'm thinking
Maybe I should think about moving 🤔 US here I come..
simple and to the point is more what I'm thinking

Well, i don't know what you do, but you'd prob make more doing it here. Taxes are less too. It rains a lot less too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending