The Student Room Group

Character Development 101

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Whoop whoop Burnout Brigade is here!!

Thursday 19th October 2017 - Evening

So, today wasn't great. I think it started off great but then it might've deteriorated a lot from there.

My plan to stay behind at school for 2.5 hours lasted into just about the first hour before I had to quit.

The Burnout Brigade is here to ruin my study plans.

I did not finish my practice questions and i didn't start the exam questions from the textbook. I did not print out anymore questions and I feel pretty unaccomplished in chemistry. All together I probably amounted just under 2 hours of revision out of the possible 5.5 hours, which in retrospect isn't bad but I still feel unaccomplished.

In other news I ran for longer and faster today which makes up for the chemistry I guess.

Also, I made soap and detergent today in double chemistry!!! It was so cool and me and my partner (one of my best friends) were one of the best groups because all of our experiments went to plan!!! I was so proud!

The outline for tomorrow:
-I have the possibility of a lie in but let's see whether that happens
-DRIVING LESSON YAY
-I have 2 frees but I'm missing them because of my driving lesson
-I'm also missing general re for my driving lesson
-fourth period is biology 👌🏼
-last period is maths and it's C3 lol :frown:
-after school I have a coffee date ~oooo~
-so no revision for me
-get home around 7:30-8
-run?? (Maybe I'll run in the morning before my driving lesson though)

Thoughts I'm having:
-I applied for that Christmas temp job I was eyeing for a while and I'm wondering where I'm going to fit the hours for that in
-but it'll be worth it for the money I want to save for the summer for festivals/concerts/plane tickets etc.
-I felt really sluggish today and I'm trying to think about what I can do to avoid that

"Awful days are awful but that doesn't mean tomorrow is going to be awful too" -Elle XOX
Reply 21
I just missed my bus - this is my 11 minute wait

Friday 20th October 2017 - Morning

-woke up around 6:30, I guess that counts as a lie in
-I RAN THIS MORNING YAS
-had my driving lesson, I'm actually very terrible at steering but I love driving
-I'm currently waiting at the bus stop for my 10:41 bus
-I'm wearing pink because it's wear something pink day at school today
-I'm gonna be late for general re and it'll be awkward if I walk in to the hall very late so, I think I'll just skip it
-bio and then maths - what a day
-then to costa for a date
-there isn't very much revision plans going on
-I applied to another Christmas temp job because I checked my email this morning and I didn't get the other job but oh well

GOALS:
-run (but this is doneeee)
-chem questions about isomerism
-no more goals
-because I'm going to rest

It is scarf weather I swear :smile:
Original post by Elle1718
Whoop whoop Burnout Brigade is here!!

Thursday 19th October 2017 - Evening

So, today wasn't great. I think it started off great but then it might've deteriorated a lot from there.

My plan to stay behind at school for 2.5 hours lasted into just about the first hour before I had to quit.

The Burnout Brigade is here to ruin my study plans.

I did not finish my practice questions and i didn't start the exam questions from the textbook. I did not print out anymore questions and I feel pretty unaccomplished in chemistry. All together I probably amounted just under 2 hours of revision out of the possible 5.5 hours, which in retrospect isn't bad but I still feel unaccomplished.

In other news I ran for longer and faster today which makes up for the chemistry I guess.

Also, I made soap and detergent today in double chemistry!!! It was so cool and me and my partner (one of my best friends) were one of the best groups because all of our experiments went to plan!!! I was so proud!

The outline for tomorrow:
-I have the possibility of a lie in but let's see whether that happens
-DRIVING LESSON YAY
-I have 2 frees but I'm missing them because of my driving lesson
-I'm also missing general re for my driving lesson
-fourth period is biology 👌🏼
-last period is maths and it's C3 lol :frown:
-after school I have a coffee date ~oooo~
-so no revision for me
-get home around 7:30-8
-run?? (Maybe I'll run in the morning before my driving lesson though)

Thoughts I'm having:
-I applied for that Christmas temp job I was eyeing for a while and I'm wondering where I'm going to fit the hours for that in
-but it'll be worth it for the money I want to save for the summer for festivals/concerts/plane tickets etc.
-I felt really sluggish today and I'm trying to think about what I can do to avoid that

"Awful days are awful but that doesn't mean tomorrow is going to be awful too" -Elle XOX

Love your quote :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Love your quote :smile:

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Today was a lax day

Friday 20th October 2017 - Evening

In terms of revision I didn't do anything today. My plan for tomorrow is to do at least 1 hour of chemistry revision.

I had maths last lesson today and I 100% didn't know what i was doing for an hour which is really disappointing. After my chem test on Tuesday I think I'll go straight into revising Core 3 maths because I really need to figure out what I'm doing.

Apart from that nothing interesting happened today in terms of work. I had my date which was fun and I had noodles today but otherwise nothing really noteworthy.

Tomorrow I have work from 8:30-5 so obviously I'm probably not going to get a lot of work done.

Until tomorrow XoX Elle
Reply 25
Saturday 21st October 2017

Work was extremely busy today.

I got home and I was exhausted. Therefore, no revising was done.

Tomorrow I have nothing on so I should be all good to have a revision day.

Plan:
-wake up early
-run
-revise chemistry all day
-if I want to procrastinate then I can revise maths
Reply 26
There's too much to do and not enough time to do it all.

Sunday 22nd October 2017 - 13:15

Only 2 more days until my chemistry test. I'm currently doing past paper questions on everything on the test and I hope I'm ready.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I can't figure out when I'll have the time to do it all.

Also, it's official IVE GONE FOR A RUN 7 DAYS STRAIGHT YAY!! I'm very proud of myself and hope I can keep it up.

GOALS:
-finish all the past paper questions that I have printed out
-finish the summary questions in the textbook
-finish the exam questions in the textbook

Hopefully today will go well in terms of revision because I have nothing on today. Except maybe for a meal around 5-ish.
Reply 27
1 day until the chem test!!!

Monday 23rd October 2017 - Morning

I have 3 frees this morning so I'm hoping to get 3 hours of chemistry revision in. Hopefully. If my friends don't distract me from working.

I still feel like I have a tonne of things to revise but I probably don't. I would revise after school too but I think rehearsal is on so that'll be on until 5. I'll only have 30 mins of revision after that before I have to catch a bus back into town.

And then I have a reunion with my friendship group from high school so there won't be time to revise after school because it's from 6:30-whenever.

I'll also have to run very quickly and shower when I get home which will ruin my sleeping pattern.

The test is last lesson tomorrow so I'll probably revise in my free first and then maybe at lunch?

Also side note: my contact lenses are killing my eyes right now.

Other side note: I have double maths today, what a joy
Reply 28
Day of my Chem Test!!!

Tuesday 24th October 2017 - Morning

Today is the day. I have until 2PM until my test. I just want it to be over so I can focus on something else like maths.

I'm getting my biology test result back today and I'll update on that later tonight.

The reunion went well yesterday and I actually had a lot of fun. I might sort out another reunion soon. When I have money for another meal.

I have rehearsal again tonight which is a blag but at least I've made friends through the musical?

Side note: Typing on a bus is making my head hurt.
Reply 29
I GOT MY A* IN THE BIOLOGY TEST!!!

Tuesday 25th October 2017 - Evening

As it says, I got my A* in the test. My goal was 90% but I missed it by a mark by getting 88% but it was still an A*

There were 2 very easy marks I missed by making silly mistakes so I'm not too bothered because I know that if I'd been more inclined to check through my work I could've gotten them.

My stats results will be given to me on Friday along with some holiday homework.

The chem test today was meh but I really want to get the results back to see how I did. I will update on that situation when it happens.

Rehearsal today was boring. I really dislike it but I'm going to keep pushing on with it because 1) I put it in my personal statement and 2) I only have to do this until early December and then I'm free.

I have a driving lesson tomorrow after school so I get to miss rehearsals. I have to cancel my dentist appointment for Thursday (which I'm really disappointed about because I love my dentist and I wanted to tell him I applied for dentistry) because the teacher told me if I wasn't in the rehearsal on Thursday then I'd have to be cut out of the number.

I'm focusing my attention on maths now, until another test comes along. Mostly on C3 and I bought 2 new Oxford Notebooks for maths practice work. I might start revision for M1 soon.

I might also set myself and my friend revision to do over the half term for a test on AS physical chemistry so we don't forget what we learnt last year.

Those are my plans for now.
Reply 30
Wednesday 25th October 2017 - Morning

Today I have double bio, gen re and maths.

I also have a driving lesson which should be good.

GOALS:
-finish exercise 7C for C3 maths
-go for a run
Original post by elle1718
i got my a* in the biology test!!!

Tuesday 25th october 2017 - evening

as it says, i got my a* in the test. My goal was 90% but i missed it by a mark by getting 88% but it was still an a*

there were 2 very easy marks i missed by making silly mistakes so i'm not too bothered because i know that if i'd been more inclined to check through my work i could've gotten them.

My stats results will be given to me on friday along with some holiday homework.

The chem test today was meh but i really want to get the results back to see how i did. I will update on that situation when it happens.

Rehearsal today was boring. I really dislike it but i'm going to keep pushing on with it because 1) i put it in my personal statement and 2) i only have to do this until early december and then i'm free.

I have a driving lesson tomorrow after school so i get to miss rehearsals. I have to cancel my dentist appointment for thursday (which i'm really disappointed about because i love my dentist and i wanted to tell him i applied for dentistry) because the teacher told me if i wasn't in the rehearsal on thursday then i'd have to be cut out of the number.

I'm focusing my attention on maths now, until another test comes along. Mostly on c3 and i bought 2 new oxford notebooks for maths practice work. I might start revision for m1 soon.

I might also set myself and my friend revision to do over the half term for a test on as physical chemistry so we don't forget what we learnt last year.

Those are my plans for now.

omg well done for your biology results!!!
Reply 32
Original post by bloodygoth
omg well done for your biology results!!!

Thank you so much!! I'm so proud of myself for getting it :biggrin:
Reply 33
I GOT AN A* IN MY CHEMISTRY TEST!!!

Update on me: Thursday 26th October 2017

So as it's says, A* in my carbonyls test. I'm dead happy.

Nothing much happened today.

I've decided to revise maths now to bring it up froma B to an A/A*
Reply 34
Friday 27th October 2017 - Morning

Yesterday was fun, I guess. I only had 2 lessons of chemistry. In the first lesson we got our results back for the chemistry test we'd done in carbonyls which I thought I'd done meh in but turns out I got 48/54 with an A*, I only really lost marks when I made silly mistakes so I'm happy with that but since it wasn't 100% there's always room for improvement. I can't believe I absolutely smashed my target of 80%.

Not much else happened yesterday. There was rehearsal and I ran again. My life really feels like it's starting to shape itself together which is fantastic.

I've started extra maths revision because I feel like I'm really struggling in it compared to bio and chem so I need to work more on that. I'm trying to figure out how to go about it when I don't really feel like I understand anything in maths anymore. Hopefully that will get better.

Today I have 2 lessons and get back my results for the statistics test I took. We'll have a test for bio set today for the first lesson back after half term as well.

After school today I am seeing Thor Ragnarok AND IM SO EXCITED. Then we're going for Nandos which I am mildly looking forward to.

I also asked my chem teacher yesterday whether he'd make me a test for AS physical chemistry which feels swotty but I'm just trying to get my A/A* in chem. Its also for a friend who needs an A* in chem to get into oxford so I'm also doing this for her.

GOALS:
-start understanding maths
-finish exercise 7C
-print off respiration practice questions
-print off physical chemistry notes
-print off C3 trig practice questions
-email chem teacher about the practice test on As physical chem

XOX Elle
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35
Sunday 29th October 2017 - Morning 6:11AM

The clocks have turned back and I've been awake-ish since 3AM. I have finally given up on getting back to sleep and it's my plan to leave my bed and start on some maths work in a bit.

Yesterday wasn't much, I just went to work and collapsed again after I finished. Bed was around 9:30-10 which kind of explains why I was up so early.

I have assigned myself and 2 other friends a test on AS physical chem so I need to revise for that over the half term.

I also need to revise maths all over again because that's my worst subject right now.

The only homework I have to do over the half term is maths so I'm going to get started on that and hopefully finish it by the end of today.

My half term is probably going to get really busy and I need to do schoolwork at some point. At least I'm not working over the half term though, even if I don't get as much money if I did.

I've skipped out on my daily run 2 days in a row and I feel awful about it so I definitely need to run today. Especially since I have no plans for today as it's one of my "Revision Days".

I also got my stats result back, although our teacher is terrible and has no clue what she's doing. We didn't actually have it "graded" but she did mark them without giving us our percentages. I worked it out and got 68% which I'm really disappointed about but I'll get better at it.

GOALS:
-run
-finish stats homework
-finish Trig homework
-trig revision
-functions revision
-it's all about maths today
-get started on party favours (if I want to procrastinate)

Side note: my goal for a healthy diet went down the drain for the past 2 days so that sucks.
Reply 36
The last few days have been nothing.

Tuesday 31st October 2017 - Morning

"This is it, you've had your rest. A whole two days of doing absolutely nothing. Now you work. Now you work harder. Today you're gonna get up, wash your face and get the heck out of the house, to a library or something, and you're gonna sit there and you're gonna work. Maths. It'll be maths today. Do your C3 Trig and your chapter 1 mechanics and your statistics homework. I don't really care. As long as you do something. You need to get into Uni at the end of this year and the only way that's going to happen is if you work hard and work your ass off"

That concludes my pep talk to myself.

GOALS:

C3 Trig Homework
stats homework
mechanics chapter 1

physical chem - 2 topics

I have a Halloween party today to go to so I'm going to try do as much work as possible before I get ready. So my plan is to go to the library today
Reply 37
well it’s seems as though I have an interview to Bristol for dentistry.

15/11/17

Suddenly, everything has gone down the drain for me. I have been MIA due to losing my phone at said Halloween party and then having to get a new phone and everything has been so stressful lately.

A lot of things have happened and it’s crazy and I’m currently hating life right now. But I also know that I have to plough on and get stuff done because it has to be done.

I’m drowning under maths and 18th party plans because I’m having this massive traditional party called a debut.

I have a Bio test on respiration on Monday which we have been given a week to revise for but I literally cannot find anytime for the revision of this.

A lot of school drama has happened and I’m at the centre unwillingly which is stressful.

Also I managed to get an interview for Bristol which is insane because I honestly didn’t expect anything back but I’m over the moon about this.

Lots of love, Elle xox
Reply 38
Stressful times for me

17/11/17

A lot has been happening recently. My 18th birthday is coming up soon which is scary and there’s so much still to be done before the massive debut but I’ll get through it. I’m currently doing dress fits which is crazy.

I also managed to get myself that second job I’ve been talking about for ages. How weird.

I’ve yet to start actual interview prep which is insane as I thought that would be first on my list.

Fame is definitely getting out of hand with how much I have to do for it. It’s only a school musical yet they treat it as if it’s a west end show. The most stressful thing in my life is Fame right now. Thoroughly regretting my choice to audition for it. However I am not a quitter and I will see this out until the end.

There is literally so much going on right now that I can’t think straight. It’ll all be over soon though.

Elle xoxo
Your blog is so good and consistent! Props to you for insane commitment! Subbing!
I do Maths, FM, Physics, Chem in Y12, here's my GYG https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4903420 would appreciate if you check it out.

Thanks, and keep at it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending