The Student Room Group

To receive Hurricane Harvey assistance, you have to agree not to boycott Israel

And?

These people need to learn to help themselves.
Original post by D313T3

I have moved this to the international area. :smile:
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Why?

Because it is a discussion/opinion on international affairs, not a news story to debate on.
Reply 4
There was a heavy point of lobbying in several states, that has been successful in passing this type of legislation, which is currently challenged by the ACLU and other civil rights as a breach against first amendment rights as well as on several other grounds. Kansas has also apparently enacted similar legislation.

Original post by D313T3
Reply 5
Your profile says you are a political ambassador for TSR. Just to be very clear, your comment is antisemitic, vile, hateful, evil, and although there is no "Jewish" race, as a Believer in the religion of Judaism can be of any color/ethnicity/National Origin-as Jews are a member of a class of person-your comment is also extraordinarily racist.

I should hope, TSR is NOT employing or either a paid, volunteer or any basis, someone capable of the utterance of such hate speech on this platform.

Original post by Wired_1800
It has been argued on many threads, but just to reiterate, the Jews run the world.
Original post by luq_ali
Your profile says you are a political ambassador for TSR. Just to be very clear, your comment is antisemitic, vile, hateful, evil, and although there is no "Jewish" race, as a Believer in the religion of Judaism can be of any color/ethnicity/National Origin-as Jews are a member of a class of person-your comment is also extraordinarily racist.

I should hope, TSR is NOT employing or either a paid, volunteer or any basis, someone capable of the utterance of such hate speech on this platform.

My comments were not antisemitic, hateful or whatever words you choose to describe them. I am half-Jewish and do not hate Jews in any way or from any country or background. Some people believe there is a Jewish race, at least some members of my family do.

It has been said that the "Jews run the world" and I certainly don't think it is a racist thing to say. Or maybe i should have written "the Israeli Government runs the world"? If you say that women run the world, nobody will come after you for sexism. Some people and I have debated that idea on TSR and it is certainly something some people seem to believe. I completely reject your accusation that I am racist for my comment.

Now for my Political Ambassador role on TSR. I participate on that level on TSR becomes I am interested in politics.

Disclaimer: My comments are not those of The Student Room. All my comments are entirely my own and TSR does not pay me in any kind to post or comment on threads on this site.

If you wish to debate the main point of the thread, i will be open to discuss it and the whole premise of the BDS movement that is going on around the world.

Not all Jewish people support the systematic oppression and destruction of the Palestinians by the Israeli Government. The Government does not represent me, members of my family or other Jewish people who have openly campaigned against such vile actions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hannxm
Because it is a discussion/opinion on international affairs, not a news story to debate on.

Technically it's not International Affairs, it would be a domestic issue.
Reply 8
First of all, please do not try to excuse or defend your antisemitic and racist comments by even daring to mention the BDS movement. I support the BDS movement and its aims and purposes of justice and equality. No doubt there are good people who are for BDS and no doubt there are some good people who are against BDS, who might not support the movement, but be supportive of things in the way of ending injustice and inequality. Naturally, there are also those who do not support BDS and do not believe there is injustice or inequality of the kind which is the basis for the principles and actions of the BDS movement, and while I would disagree with them, I can respect their viewpoint. (Again, I must emphasize, there are Israelis and Jewish persons who do NOT support what is happening. They may not agree with BDS, they may not like harsh criticism of their government and may have concerns that such criticisms over-reach, are unfair, counter-productive, etc. I can NOT say those concerns are invalid, I can say that there needs to be respectful dialogue and real action in the way of solving problems in a peaceful way)

But lets just list a few examples. If, for example, I'm for ending and alleviating crime ravaging inner city communities in the U.S. which are predominantly affecting Black and Brown Americans, but I say "the problem in America is with the Blacks and Browns, they are the criminals"-that is a decidedly racist statement and a lie. (problematic to claim that, too, since in the U.S. for example, nearly 80% of all crime against those who are White, is committed by another person who is also White., but that is NEVER a claim, in terms of a "problem" you hear advanced by racists) NOT all Black and Brown people are criminals, involved with the violence, etc. See, when you make a sweeping statement like this-that is explicitly racist, but perhaps you already know that. If a person says Gays are the reason for AIDS, that is not just a lie, it is a decidedly hateful and homophobic slur, insult, and is vile and evil, but I think you already know that, too.

Criticizing the actions of members of the Israeli Government (noting there is dissent and are those Israeli activists, elected officials and others who vote against and oppose some of the very measures complained about, by BDS, BDS has support within Israeli, there are Israeli's who oppose the official policies of their government-are these the same people who you are slurring, too?)-that is reasonable or even saying the problems in Israel are a result of the official governmental policy is also true in my opinion(but of course there are those who would disagree with that, as they are free to do.)

Your statement is clear and unequivocal, racist and antisemitic plain and simple. Moreover, I suspect you either not at all involved with BDS, or in the alternative, if you are, for sure you do 100% disservice to the organization and aims and purposes, because you are out here representing yourself as a person who is for the aims and goals of BDS, while making yourself as in line with Nazis, Skinheads, and White Supremacists-the argument you make, its straight out of their arguments, its identical to what they purvey.

Original post by Wired_1800
My comments were not antisemitic, hateful or whatever words you choose to describe them. I am half-Jewish and do not hate Jews in any way or from any country or background. Some people believe there is a Jewish race, at least some members of my family do.

It has been said that the "Jews run the world" and I certainly don't think it is a racist thing to say. Or maybe i should have written "the Israeli Government runs the world"? If you say that women run the world, nobody will come after you for sexism. Some people and I have debated that idea on TSR and it is certainly something some people seem to believe. I completely reject your accusation that I am racist for my comment.

Now for my Political Ambassador role on TSR. I participate on that level on TSR becomes I am interested in politics.

Disclaimer: My comments are not those of The Student Room. All my comments are entirely my own and TSR does not pay me in any kind to post or comment on threads on this site.

If you wish to debate the main point of the thread, i will be open to discuss it and the whole premise of the BDS movement that is going on around the world.

Not all Jewish people support the systematic oppression and destruction of the Palestinians by the Israeli Government. The Government does not represent me, members of my family or other Jewish people who have openly campaigned against such vile actions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending