The Student Room Group

NVQ level 3 business admin: Unit 346 Principles of Social Media within a Business

Someone help? I'm doing the NVQ level 3 business admin with City and Guilds. Need help with unit 346.2, 346.3 and 346.4 (Principles of Social Media within a Business). Does anyone have any resources or any advice?? Cheers!
Reply 1
Original post by Captain Cripps
Someone help? I'm doing the NVQ level 3 business admin with City and Guilds. Need help with unit 346.2, 346.3 and 346.4 (Principles of Social Media within a Business). Does anyone have any resources or any advice?? Cheers!

You might find the megathread useful. If not, post the actual questions you are stuck on, and why you're stuck.
Reply 2

Hi, I'm hoping I can help :smile: What questions do you need help with?
Original post by abs96
Hi, I'm hoping I can help :smile: What questions do you need help with?

Hi, Im struggling with the following

3.2 Explain why SMARTER targets should be set for different Social Media tools and channels - I'm finding it difficult to be concise and seem to be going off on unnecessary tangents where I end up repeating myself as I don't fully understand the format I should use to approach this

3.3 Describe the methods a business can use to measure and identify success of different Social Media tools and channels

3.4 Describe what success could look like when using different Social Media tools and channels for different types and sizes of business

4.1 Describe the components of a business’s social media policy and guidelines

4.2 Explain the importance of having a social media policy and guidelines

4.3 Explain the importance of having a reputation management policy

4.4 Describe the benefits of managing perception changes in a business’s reputation

4.5 Describe how to manage perception changes in a business’s reputation

I know its a lot but its the last bits i need to get done in terms of knowledge. Im just finding the questions a little vague and so to understand the concise points I need to get them ticked off is what Im struggling with.

Many thanks for your time!
Reply 4
Hi, Im struggling with the following

3.2 Explain why SMARTER targets should be set for different Social Media tools and channels - I'm finding it difficult to be concise and seem to be going off on unnecessary tangents where I end up repeating myself as I don't fully understand the format I should use to approach this

3.3 Describe the methods a business can use to measure and identify success of different Social Media tools and channels

3.4 Describe what success could look like when using different Social Media tools and channels for different types and sizes of business

4.1 Describe the components of a business’s social media policy and guidelines

4.2 Explain the importance of having a social media policy and guidelines

4.3 Explain the importance of having a reputation management policy

4.4 Describe the benefits of managing perception changes in a business’s reputation

4.5 Describe how to manage perception changes in a business’s reputation

I know its a lot but its the last bits i need to get done in terms of knowledge. Im just finding the questions a little vague and so to understand the concise points I need to get them ticked off is what Im struggling with.

Many thanks for your time!

Hello,I have just had this unit signed off! So,
3.2 - Firstly, explain what SMARTER targets are. If you have done a Personal Devlopment Plan already refer back to this. SMART targets are the best way to clarify companies goals. They help to improve motivation within a business as there are timescales to work towards. SMART targets are a good way to manage a few projects at once and you can evaluate progress easily.

3.3/3.4 - You can measure success of social media though tools such as google analytics, Twitter and Facebook insights. These tools make it easy to monitor changes with engagement on your channels and you can compare improvement month to month. As you noticed more engagment on your social media you should notice financial changes to support that. More phone calls with enquriies could relate to social media presence.

4.1/4.2 - Not all companies have social media, we don't. But bigger brands will such as Mcdonalds, Topshop. You can find these policies online. They discuss behaviour of their staff on social media and what's acceptable. Basically, they don't want the views of their staff to reflect on views on the company. Also bascially, things like not posting pictures of inside the store, or colleagues and not giving away in-coming promos before the company does. Explain if one of the above things happen, how would that affect the company and the person who posted inappropriately.

4.3 - Google the meaning of reputation management. Mention the importance of how your business is reflected on social media. Always be friendly and positive. Customers can make their purchasing decisions based on reviews, so a 5 star rating will help your company on social media. If you received a bad review online, deal with that appropriately to turn the situation around and end the convo with a happy customer. Reputation management is also monitoring your competitors, so new products, social media presence etc. This can help to shape your social media plan as you can see what your competitor is doing right/wrong. Mention, how technology and the use of it is constantly growing so online reputation is becoming more and more relevant. More people are relying on informative websites to find out company information so it is important to have a friendly and easy-to-use site.

4.4 - By managing perception changes, damage control can be improved. Monitor reviews and post about your business and deal with positive and negative feedback in the same way, positively. By managing these changes, you can create a greater and more regular online presense. This is working towards your long term goal in social media.

4.5 - In my business, we manage perception changes from advertising such as a quarterly newsletter and on google. Try creating a marketing scheme through a to-do list. Brand management and association is important, logos are included on most business documents, emails and social media. Big brands also link their products or services with the latest trends, technology and celebrities. This is common on social media with clothing brands such as Missguided and Boohoo.com. Companies should encourage feedback so they can make an neccessary improvements.

Ok, so really hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further!

Abbie

Original post by abs96
Hello,I have just had this unit signed off! So,
3.2 - Firstly, explain what SMARTER targets are. If you have done a Personal Devlopment Plan already refer back to this. SMART targets are the best way to clarify companies goals. They help to improve motivation within a business as there are timescales to work towards. SMART targets are a good way to manage a few projects at once and you can evaluate progress easily.

3.3/3.4 - You can measure success of social media though tools such as google analytics, Twitter and Facebook insights. These tools make it easy to monitor changes with engagement on your channels and you can compare improvement month to month. As you noticed more engagment on your social media you should notice financial changes to support that. More phone calls with enquriies could relate to social media presence.

4.1/4.2 - Not all companies have social media, we don't. But bigger brands will such as Mcdonalds, Topshop. You can find these policies online. They discuss behaviour of their staff on social media and what's acceptable. Basically, they don't want the views of their staff to reflect on views on the company. Also bascially, things like not posting pictures of inside the store, or colleagues and not giving away in-coming promos before the company does. Explain if one of the above things happen, how would that affect the company and the person who posted inappropriately.

Abbie

Thanks for this Abbie, it really helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending