The Student Room Group

Is she using me?

So I feel like my 'friend' whom i've known since secondary school so 5 years is just using me because she has no other friends. When I mean she has no friends it's not because i'm being mean, She generally has no other friends because she fell out with them all because they were two-faced and since they were fighting over the same guy who flirted around and whom I don't like but what can you do if she's happy then she's happy. Anyways basically since she dropped out of college to do an apprenticeship, she's always trying to find time to hang out but it's always during the weekdays and obviously our schedules are different so I can't. I have asked her to do it on the weekend but then she never replies when I do say that. We have had no contact for at least a month and then all of a sudden sshe texts me out of no where and asks to hang out and I think it'sonly because he boyfriends not at home lazying about and is working and also her definition of hang out is to go to the same fast food place over and over again which is getting very sickly. She doesn't eat other food because she doesn't like it, shes soooooooo dang picky about food and because she says she can't afford it since she spends all her money on other things like piercings and clothes etc. The point is idcif she can't afford it I just don't want to eat at that place again for the hundredths time we hang out.

fast forward yesterday she asked me when my half term is and tells me she got piad and i told her that I was really busy this month because of studying, UCAS, WE/Voluntary work and I'm waiting for reply so I can't make plans and it's a family members birthday soon so I have to go and celebrate that. I asked her what we would do since obviously need money to go out and about in town and she didn't say. I mean she should tell me what she has in mind so this broke girl with no job can save up since it's peoples birthday Ihave to buy presents. Also, she knows i don't like going out much at all I prefer to stay at home. I told her the two days I was free and she just blanked me and didn't reply.

I swear she only texts me when she wants something or has noone to talk too.
Original post by Anonymous
So I feel like my 'friend' whom i've known since secondary school so 5 years is just using me because she has no other friends. When I mean she has no friends it's not because i'm being mean, She generally has no other friends because she fell out with them all because they were two-faced and since they were fighting over the same guy who flirted around and whom I don't like but what can you do if she's happy then she's happy. Anyways basically since she dropped out of college to do an apprenticeship, she's always trying to find time to hang out but it's always during the weekdays and obviously our schedules are different so I can't. I have asked her to do it on the weekend but then she never replies when I do say that. We have had no contact for at least a month and then all of a sudden sshe texts me out of no where and asks to hang out and I think it'sonly because he boyfriends not at home lazying about and is working and also her definition of hang out is to go to the same fast food place over and over again which is getting very sickly. She doesn't eat other food because she doesn't like it, shes soooooooo dang picky about food and because she says she can't afford it since she spends all her money on other things like piercings and clothes etc. The point is idcif she can't afford it I just don't want to eat at that place again for the hundredths time we hang out.

fast forward yesterday she asked me when my half term is and tells me she got piad and i told her that I was really busy this month because of studying, UCAS, WE/Voluntary work and I'm waiting for reply so I can't make plans and it's a family members birthday soon so I have to go and celebrate that. I asked her what we would do since obviously need money to go out and about in town and she didn't say. I mean she should tell me what she has in mind so this broke girl with no job can save up since it's peoples birthday Ihave to buy presents. Also, she knows i don't like going out much at all I prefer to stay at home. I told her the two days I was free and she just blanked me and didn't reply.

I swear she only texts me when she wants something or has noone to talk too.

You need to decide why you want to stay friends with her. This kind of behaviour tends to happen when people find boyfriends or girlfriends and then spend all of their time with that person to the exclusion of all else. Not a healthy strategy when the relationship ends and they find old friends don't want to invest more time or energy for the same thing to happen when the next lover comes along.

People change from childhood through adolescence and then become adults. Perhaps it's a case of too much familiarity breeds contempt and you are both no longer suited as friends.

Either way, you need to make a decision.
Original post by uberteknik
You need to decide why you want to stay friends with her. This kind of behaviour tends to happen when people find boyfriends or girlfriends and then spend all of their time with that person to the exclusion of all else. Not a healthy strategy when the relationship ends and they find old friends don't want to invest more time or energy for the same thing to happen when the next lover comes along.

People change from childhood through adolescence and then become adults. Perhaps it's a case of too much familiarity breeds contempt and you are both no longer suited as friends.

Yeah i would agree with this advice, if she blanks you when you are trying to help her out it’s kinda a sign
Reply 3
Original post by uberteknik

I’m going to stop being friends with her thank you for the advice
Reply 4
I can relate to this. I've had people do the same thing to me. I had a friend who would only want to hang out because she wasn't making any friends at college so she would keep asking me if we could do something. Whenever we did talk she would always be negative and try to ruin my self confidence. I stopped talking to her and when she messaged me I wouldn't open it. I felt so much better afterwards and I didn't really like going outside that much anyway.

If it were me, I wouldn't talk to her.
Reply 5
Original post by NatKH
I can relate to this. I've had people do the same thing to me. I had a friend who would only want to hang out because she wasn't making any friends at college so she would keep asking me if we could do something. Whenever we did talk she would always be negative and try to ruin my self confidence. I stopped talking to her and when she messaged me I wouldn't open it. I felt so much better afterwards and I didn't really like going outside that much anyway.

If it were me, I wouldn't talk to her.

My life is actually really good when we don’t talk but when she messages me and then she texts me and she stresses me out so yeh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending