The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
It isn't limited to one object, as long as it is small, light, not painful, and doesn't leave a mark. None of these things are bidah.

Perhaps you could quote the Koranic verse that is relevant? The Koran, after all, forbids interpretation of its perfect and fully-expressed message, so we should use the words that the deity sent down, shouldn't we?
Reply 61
Original post by IMissMyDad
Hello, I used to be a Christian however I have since converted to Islam and I don't know if I should be open about it due to the hate around Muslims.

Could someone help?

All praise belongs to Allah.

Welcome to Islam!
You don’t need to fear anyone. Be proud that you have submitted to your Creator, you will find peace in that. Keep strong :yy:

May Allah increase you in faith and keep you on the right path. Ameen :smile:
Original post by Good bloke
Bamboo is grass that scholars must approve of then, and the traditional headmaster's cane was made of it. Very swishy, painful and a single stalk is easily held in one hand.

does a cane or bamboo qualify what is stated in my previous posts, the punishment of beating the wife is not meant to be painful, or disturbing phycologically, emotionally or physically, rather it is symbolic.
rather it is symbolic.

The Koran doesn't state that though, does it? At least you admit it is a punishment, and agree that Islam misogynistically raises men up over women, giving them a right to punish.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by KawaiiArtist
That's a messed up idea because the word 'islam' originates from the word 'salam' which means peace.

You are mistaken. It comes from 'submission'.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/islam

https://islamqa.info/en/10446

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/islam
Original post by IMissMyDad
Hello, I used to be a Christian however I have since converted to Islam and I don't know if I should be open about it due to the hate around Muslims.

Could someone help?

Why convert to anything?

They're all just different ideologies and fairytales written thousands of years ago. If someone published the Quran or the Bible today, do you seriously believe anybody would take it seriously and live their life by it?

I think you'd more likely find them in the fiction aisle of a book store.

My sincere advice? Ditch religion. It's completely unnecessary in 2017 and I promise you, you'll live a much more free, open, liberating life without the constraints of it.

Good luck.
It isn't limited to one object, as long as it is small, light, not painful, and doesn't leave a mark. None of these things are bidah.
thanks, that's a huge relief. I heard that also a rolled-up newspaper would be OK

here we have Australian Muslimahs demonstrating proper Islamic wife-beating
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/652los/australian_muslim_women_demonstrate_the_ways_in/

About the "4:34 dance"
http://carnageandculture.blogspot.be/2006/10/asra-q-nomani-clothes-arent-issue.html

best
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
The Koran doesn't state that though, does it? At least you admit it is a punishment, and agree that Islam misogynistically raises men up over women, giving them a right to punish.

All your misleading statements destroyed:

https://islamqa.info/en/41199
You should be ashamed of believing in whatever version of any invisible man, woman, goat or spaghetti monster you believe in. That is if you even do believe in some specific deity and are not just trolling.
Out of curiosity, what do you think will happen when you die then?

As much as I'd like there to be something, I think the lights go out and that's it. Consciousness dies along with the brain and body, and therefore we are no longer 'aware'.

Sorry if that depresses anyone. It definitely depresses me.
Reply 70
Any religion which mandates the killing of gays and adulterers through stoning, beheading or throwing off builds is NO BLOODY GOOD. It’s utter BS when they keep telling us its a religion of peace. Well it is, but only if you are one of them. If you are not one of them then .... all bets are off ....

God is all loving, he alone will judge, he alone will issue reward or punishment. It’s sickening how people twist religion to justify the murder of human beings.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hmm then you and I have different ideas then...

What do you believe?
All your misleading statements destroyed:

https://islamqa.info/en/41199
Thanks for this interesting, link to the forum by that noble Sheyk, Muhammad Al-Munajid, who deals with marital problems in the Islamic family in a sensitive and thoughtful, but outspoken way

Islam Q&A.jpeg

Now, this is very, very reassuring

Best.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No he doesn’t. The Quran is very clear that non-Muslims will be sent to hell forever.

What I don't understand is why non Muslims would get offended by this. Surely if you don't believe in the day of judgment and Allah then the day it comes it's on you? Because how can you expect to be forgivenif you were giving so many signs and you ignored them. Honestly I'm baffled because if you repent then you repent and Allah forgives you. But after you are dead and realise that Allah exists it's a bit late. So Allah's reason's are justified. So yes Allah is all forgiving to those who want his forgiveness. But those who question his existence are not really asking for forgiveness.
Original post by bloodygoth
What I don't understand is why non Muslims would get offended by this. Surely if you don't believe in the day of judgment and Allah then the day it comes it's on you? Because how can you expect to be forgivenif you were giving so many signs and you ignored them. Honestly I'm baffled because if you repent then you repent and Allah forgives you. But after you are dead and realise that Allah exists it's a bit late. So Allah's reason's are justified. So yes Allah is all forgiving to those who want his forgiveness. But those who question his existence are not really asking for forgiveness.

We're not offended by it anymore than a Muslim is offended by the threats of a religion they don't believe in. The discussion wasn't about offence, it was about correcting false claims that Allah forgives everyone's sins because the Quran clearly shows he doesn't.

There are no signs so there's nothing to ignore. Most religious people are equally convinced of their religion's veracity and it is nothing more than indoctrination.

So your claim then is false, Allah does not forgive all sins. Saying Allah forgives those who ask for forgiveness is question begging.
Original post by bloodygoth
"O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

tbh Allah does forgive all, also it is about how you interpret the Quran.

I'm not his servant, and the Quran is pretty clear that disbelievers are the worst of all beasts.

If your imaginary fiend is so forgiving, why aren't we all going to heaven?
Original post by RogerOxon
I'm not his servant, and the Quran is pretty clear that disbelievers are the worst of all beasts.

It's not imaginary but of course I will have no impact on your self righteous beliefs. Why would we all go to heaven when the purpose of this world is to test us? To see which one of us does good and believes in Allah.

We will all go to heaven eventually.
I'm offended by stupidity in all its forms. The fact that so many people will believe any old BS claim is a major issue for mankind's advancement, if not survival. In the US, we have morons that think that because the Bible says that their god won't send destruction to the Earth again, we can ignore global warming. These people are a disgrace to the human race.

If you actually read many 'holy' books, they are vile, encouraging violence and extreme 'punishment' for non-crimes, e.g. apostasy. Fortunately, there's not a shred of evidence that any god exists.

There is no punishment for apostasy.
Don't understand why some people are getting so triggered over this :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending