The Student Room Group

What are solomon papers?

I am currently studying OCR A-Level Maths along side my GCSEs. I have seen quite a few posts asking about doing solomon papers, but none actually explaining what they are. What actually are they? And should I be doing them?
They are papers that follow the OCR and EDEXCEL specifications (I think) and they range in difficulty based on the letter (so A is the easiest and the hardest could be K or L or something depending on how many there are). I did CCEA (Northern Ireland board) last year and I used them - definitely worth doing, especially the more difficult ones.
Original post by physcamy
They are papers that follow the OCR and EDEXCEL specifications (I think) and they range in difficulty based on the letter (so A is the easiest and the hardest could be K or L or something depending on how many there are). I did CCEA (Northern Ireland board) last year and I used them - definitely worth doing, especially the more difficult ones.

Do they do all subjects or just maths
Original post by Reece.W.J
Do they do all subjects or just maths

Just maths as far as I’m aware
Original post by physcamy

Are the Elmwood and Delphis papers similar to these? And what about the IYGB papers? Which of these (if any) would you recommend doing?
Original post by ben_dickinson
Are the Elmwood and Delphis papers similar to these? And what about the IYGB papers? Which of these (if any) would you recommend doing?

I haven’t actually done any of those so I couldn’t comment on them unfortunately. The best thing you can do is do a range of past papers from lots of different exam boards - the specifications aren’t much different and you get a range of question styles. I think that’s the only reason I managed to get 599/600 UMS...
I torched them all.
Reply 7
same question asked last year when i started Alevels

Quick Reply

Latest