The Student Room Group

What's the most ideal weight for a young man height 5,11:155lbs,165lbs or 175lbs?

As the title suggests.Discuss
Reply 1
Well, an average weight would be around 155, 165 is reaching a higher end for that height and 175 is 'technically' overweight.
But honestly, that doesn't account for muscle weight, just general weight. Honestly, I think if you are healthy, you do a decent amount of exercise and you don't eat absolute s**t, there is no need to worry about specific weight. For example, I am overweight, but my blood pressure, cholesterol, sodium levels, heart, liver etc are all perfectly healthy
Reply 2
Original post by arizonaidiot

If you don't work out probably around 160lbs...
Original post by ANM775
If you don't work out probably around 160lbs...

Yeah but isn't 160 kinda skinny?
Reply 4
Yeah but isn't 160 kinda skinny?

just checked the BMI calculator

you're right.

165 then......
Original post by Avaia
Well, an average weight would be around 155, 165 is reaching a higher end for that height and 175 is 'technically' overweight.
But honestly, that doesn't account for muscle weight, just general weight. Honestly, I think if you are healthy, you do a decent amount of exercise and you don't eat absolute s**t, there is no need to worry about specific weight. For example, I am overweight, but my blood pressure, cholesterol, sodium levels, heart, liver etc are all perfectly healthy

If you mean the average for the general population,then for that height,I'd say around 175-180 would be the average weight.Keep in mind the average weight,not the ideal as most people I see are not as skinny as 155lbs.
Reply 6
If you mean the average for the general population,then for that height,I'd say around 175-180 would be the average weight.Keep in mind the average weight,not the ideal as most people I see are not as skinny as 155lbs.

You are correct, I meant the ideal average, not the national average :redface:

Completely depends on your build. Using BMI, anything from about 130lbs (the lower bound varies between sources) to 178lbs is considered healthy. But BMI is horribly flawed - many top-class athletes would be classed as overweight by the system! Body fat is probably a better measure as it differentiates between fat and muscle.
I want more opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending