The Student Room Group

Which helps can I get ?

Hello everyone,

I am French and I am looking for financial helps and I don't know how to process and how much money I could have.

Could you help me with that ?

Thank you !
Original post by TTriforce
Hello everyone,

I am French and I am looking for financial helps and I don't know how to process and how much money I could have.

Thank you !

How long have you lived in the UK for? As an EU student, you can get the tuition fee loan.
Reply 2
I never lived in the UK before. I am still in France now.

What's the tuition fee loan ?
I never lived in the UK before. I am still in France now.

What's the tuition fee loan ?

You have to pay for your university education in England. The government / Student Finance will lend EU and UK students this money. You then pay this back out of your wages once you earn £21k per year once you graduate.
Hello everyone,

Thank you !

Hi TTriforce,

To help you better, can I ask,

Are you looking to study an Undergraduate or a Masters course in England ?

and

When does the course start ?

Thanks Rona
Reply 5
Thank you Tiger

Rona,

I rallye dont know. I like engineering because i love solving problem, but I love discovering too. But I am not sûre that if i do a Master I will be good enough to discover new things. What esle can do a Master graduated if not doing research. Moreover, are you better paid with à Master ? Because 4 years is à Huge ammount of money for me.

I would like to start in September 2018 but I dreaming of Oxbridge too and it is too late for this year. I have all the requirments

Can I also ask
More the school is well ranked and more the salary is going to be important ?
Reply 6
Can someone explain me about that ?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships
There are some huge amount of money like 10000pounds a year. Can I ask for it and how ?

Thank you !
Can someone explain me about that ?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships
There are some huge amount of money like 10000pounds a year. Can I ask for it and how ?

Thank you !

Hi TTriforce,

You need to be studying a Masters course to be eligible for the £10,000 loan.

Are you going to study undergraduate or postgraduate?

Thanks

Erin
Reply 8
An undergraduate of course, I guess there will be nothing for me then
Reply 9
Original post by Tiger Rag
You have to pay for your university education in England. The government / Student Finance will lend EU and UK students this money. You then pay this back out of your wages once you earn £21k per year once you graduate.

Correction: Student loan repayments compose of 9% of annual income above £25,000 - not £21,000.
Original post by ns_2
Correction: Student loan repayments compose of 9% of annual income above £25,000 - not £21,000.

Has this happened or it is just speculation?
Reply 11
Original post by Tiger Rag
Has this happened or it is just speculation?

Announced at the Tory Party Conference, this is a confirmed piece of government policy - that will likely apply to all post-2012 students - the exact date of implementation is yet to be confirmed.
Hello everyone,

Thank you !

Hi TTriforce,

As you are an EU national ,you would be eligible for a Tuition fee loan of up to £9250.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending