The Student Room Group

Can't submit PS for review

I can't paste my PS into the forum, as I get this message when I try to post it;

The following errors occurred with your submission

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

but the mod told me not to attach the file so the reviewers don't have to download it, so what do I do?
Were you trying to put your PS here?
Reply 2
I would not recommend posting your personal statement online unless you have already received offers from universities, it may be detected by CopyCatch otherwise and you 'could' be rejected for plagiarism. If it isn't letting you post the text, perhaps you could take a screenshot and then post the image of it?
Reply 3
Original post by Avaia
I would not recommend posting your personal statement online unless you have already received offers from universities, it may be detected by CopyCatch otherwise and you 'could' be rejected for plagiarism. If it isn't letting you post the text, perhaps you could take a screenshot and then post the image of it?

Original post by zeldor711
Were you trying to put your PS here?

I was trying to post my PS in the private forum that TSR supplies for statement reviews.
Reply 4
Original post by arneldfad
I was trying to post my PS in the private forum that TSR supplies for statement reviews.

Ohh, sorry about that confusion. Could the server be getting confused by you pasting the statement and is only recognising it as a single character? highly unlikely but worth a shot, try to paste it in sections and see if that helps?
Reply 5
You're most likely using quote marks.
Reply 6
Original post by Avaia
Ohh, sorry about that confusion. Could the server be getting confused by you pasting the statement and is only recognising it as a single character? highly unlikely but worth a shot, try to paste it in sections and see if that helps?

Original post by Juno
You're most likely using quote marks.

There's no quote marks in it, and I've tried it in segments too! Still get the same error :s

I've just managed to fix it, I have no idea why, but TSR was making part of my statement a hyperlink, so I deleted and retyped it on the forum editor and it finally posted. Strange!
Reply 7
There's no quote marks in it, and I've tried it in segments too! Still get the same error :s

I've just managed to fix it, I have no idea why, but TSR was making part of my statement a hyperlink, so I deleted and retyped it on the forum editor and it finally posted. Strange!

O_O ....weird, well I am glad you got it sorted out now :biggrin: how you get the feedback you are looking for
Reply 8

Where were you coping the statement from? IE was it a Word document, or google docs, or an email etc

I'm going to quote @She-Ra @PQ and @Captain Jack because you're not the first poster I've seen with this issue so there may be a problem somewhere
I've no idea what is technically happening

For anyone who encounters this try just typing in "I will paste my PS in here" to get the thread created - you can then either edit that post or reply to your thread to add your PS in once it's up and running.
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
Where were you coping the statement from? IE was it a Word document, or google docs, or an email etc

I'm going to quote @She-Ra @PQ and @Captain Jack because you're not the first poster I've seen with this issue so there may be a problem somewhere

I was pasting in from a word document, but I tried pasting in from a pdf conversion which worked, but ruined the formatting. Now I'm just waiting for a response, but my post says awaiting user response, which is odd.
Reply 11
I was pasting in from a word document, but I tried pasting in from a pdf conversion which worked, but ruined the formatting. Now I'm just waiting for a response, but my post says awaiting user response, which is odd.

I think you just need to say if it's your final draft - you've earlier said something about a bold paragraph, so just explain if that's finished or what your queries are
I can't paste my PS into the forum, as I get this message when I try to post it;

The following errors occurred with your submission

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

but the mod told me not to attach the file so the reviewers don't have to download it, so what do I do?

Strange - although, I think I've encountered this bug once, somewhere on the site. Usually, all I have to do is remove a character and then replace it, then it should sort itself out. :yes:

I'll just tag a TSRG Staff member to have a look at this for you :smile:

@MdE77
Reply 13
Original post by Juno
I think you just need to say if it's your final draft - you've earlier said something about a bold paragraph, so just explain if that's finished or what your queries are

I think I mentioned that it's nearly my final draft and that I just want it reviewed, should I delete the thread and make another? It's a bit of a train wreck tbh
Reply 14
I think I mentioned that it's nearly my final draft and that I just want it reviewed, should I delete the thread and make another? It's a bit of a train wreck tbh

No, keep the same thread. Just maybe edit your posts if you think it's confusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending