The Student Room Group

How important are hobbies in a personal statement?

I've nearing the character limit for my PS and I've barely mentioned any of my hobbies. I'm not sure whether to get rid of some stuff about the course so I can add a few hobby related sentences in or to just leave it?
Reply 1
Original post by lxlxlee
I've nearing the character limit for my PS and I've barely mentioned any of my hobbies. I'm not sure whether to get rid of some stuff about the course so I can add a few hobby related sentences in or to just leave it?

Not important at all, unless you can make it work to your favours by showing you have gained particular skills that'd be beneficial (for example, for mine I've showed that I am creative by doing art, which has helped me think outside the box and helped with coming up with many fundraising ideas which was successful)
Reply 2
I only used about 200 characters on my hobbies, not because they related to my chosen subject, just to break up my statement a bit from just constantly being "law this, law that, law law law" xD Also "turning people into zombies" is a pretty interesting thing to see on a PS so I thought why not.
But they are going to be really interested in what skills you have and why you want to study your chosen course, if you can link your hobbies into it then that's great :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
Not important at all, unless you can make it work to your favours by showing you have gained particular skills that'd be beneficial (for example, for mine I've showed that I am creative by doing art, which has helped me think outside the box and helped with coming up with many fundraising ideas which was successful)

Original post by Avaia
I only used about 200 characters on my hobbies, not because they related to my chosen subject, just to break up my statement a bit from just constantly being "law this, law that, law law law" xD Also "turning people into zombies" is a pretty interesting thing to see on a PS so I thought why not.
But they are going to be really interested in what skills you have and why you want to study your chosen course, if you can link your hobbies into it then that's great :smile:

Thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending