The Student Room Group

How useful/ important is EPQ?

Is it useful to study? Would the experience help me at university or should I just concentrate on a levels?
It is well respected and is a good intro to uni and can show your unis that you're committed about your subject but its up to you. if you're going to do it, then you have to do it well for it to mean anything.
Reply 2
Original post by hxfsxh
It is well respected and is a good intro to uni and can show your unis that you're committed about your subject but its up to you. if you're going to do it, then you have to do it well for it to mean anything.

Thanks! I will definitely consider it
The EPQ honestly saved me. Some universities lower the grade requirements if you get an A. For example, my university usually offers AAB but because I got an A in the epq I was accepted with ABB
Reply 4
Original post by laitankoko
The EPQ honestly saved me. Some universities lower the grade requirements if you get an A. For example, my university usually offers AAB but because I got an A in the epq I was accepted with ABB

Thanks!😊 I was thinking it might be useful due to that and you get tariff points from it. Is it similar to essays at uni?
Original post by Teajackson
Thanks!😊 I was thinking it might be useful due to that and you get tariff points from it. Is it similar to essays at uni?

Yeah! You can write 5,000 words on what ever you want. Also if you mention it in your personal statement and mention what skills you gained from doing it you're more likely to impress the admissions team. Universities looove the epq as it shows you're able to research, analyse, and produce conclusions (which is especially important when it comes to writing your dissertation in final year).
Reply 6
Yeah! You can write 5,000 words on what ever you want. Also if you mention it in your personal statement and mention what skills you gained from doing it you're more likely to impress the admissions team. Universities looove the epq as it shows you're able to research, analyse, and produce conclusions (which is especially important when it comes to writing your dissertation in final year).

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it, that's very useful to know! 😊 How are you finding uni so far?
Reply 7
EP is so good to have, its better if you do it on a topic to do with what you want to do in the future.
Reply 8
Original post by Zoe Lea
EP is so good to have, its better if you do it on a topic to do with what you want to do in the future.

Thanks! 😊
Original post by Teajackson
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it, that's very useful to know! 😊 How are you finding uni so far?

I'm currently on a gap year haha but I'm so in love with my course (biomed) and the university itself too x
I'm currently on a gap year haha but I'm so in love with my course (biomed) and the university itself too x

Enjoy it while you can! 😊 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending