The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Water
I guess it was more of genes with me as well and I guess I'm the bad apple. You know how they say that there will always be a bad apple on a tree. Don't you have any siblings?

I do but he is the good apple if you like. Don't have a clue where the hell he plucked his genes from because he's inherited virtually nothing from my parents (and is consequently a very good person).
Reply 9801
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I do but he is the good apple if you like. Don't have a clue where the hell he plucked his genes from because he's inherited virtually nothing from my parents (and is consequently a very good person).

That's good. :smile: Is he older or younger than you?
That's good. :smile: Is he older or younger than you?

Older. I was totally unnecessary.
Reply 9803
Older. I was totally unnecessary.

Ohh right. Aren't you close? I thought you didn't have any siblings. I'm guessing he's probably at university as well.
Ohh right. Aren't you close? I thought you didn't have any siblings. I'm guessing he's probably at university as well.

Well I barely see him these days so...
Yeah he is (doing maths of course).
Reply 9805
Well I barely see him these days so...
Yeah he is (doing maths of course).

If I were in your position, I'd probably be really close to him. Really, he's also studying maths? Is he also at Warwick?
Original post by starfab
Horrid has no opposite :colonhash: let's not argue with my un-logical (illogical ?) self.
I like this scientific fact.

:colonhash: Of course it does :colonhash: It is very similar in meaning to 'evil', whose antonyms include 'good', 'nice' and 'sweet', so shush :colonhash:

:rofl: Well that didn't work :colonhash: I mentioned it to give you an incentive to work on your sleep, not just for you to look at and 'like' :slap:

And you wrote this very early this morning, so I wonder how much sleep you got :hmmmm:Hardly any I bet :colonhash:

:console: Who says you can't have a break? All you'd need to do is just focus on your own wellbeing, and forget everything else. It's the kind of break that we all need at some point :yes:
(edited 6 years ago)
If I were in your position, I'd probably be really close to him. Really, he's also studying maths? Is he also at Warwick?

Yeah you'd think, but he has a very different personality/interests to me which is a bit of a shame. Nah he's at another uni.
Original post by MrsMars
Like **** because the nightmares are coming back :cry2:

:redface: :hugs:
Reply 9809
Yeah you'd think, but he has a very different personality/interests to me which is a bit of a shame. Nah he's at another uni.

Oh unlucky. Do you both kind of have competitions against each other to see who is smarter? I mean you're both studying the same thing, I'm really curious now.
Oh unlucky. Do you both kind of have competitions against each other to see who is smarter? I mean you're both studying the same thing, I'm really curious now.

Nah we're not competitive about anything lol. I'm pretty sure we both agree I'm stronger at maths, which probably mostly because I'm more interested in it/put in more effort. But of course he probably knows more maths, being older.
Reply 9811
Nah we're not competitive about anything lol. I'm pretty sure we both agree I'm stronger at maths, which probably mostly because I'm more interested in it/put in more effort. But of course he probably knows more maths, being older.

If it were any of my siblings, competition is on. Had a strong feeling that you are more passionate about it. Yeah that's true, who goes to the better university? I mean, you do go to Warwick which has a notorious reputation for Maths.
If it were any of my siblings, competition is on. Had a strong feeling that you are more passionate about it. Yeah that's true, who goes to the better university? I mean, you do go to Warwick which has a notorious reputation for Maths.

I guess I do, reputation-wise. Lol 'notorious'.
I want to die
Reply 9814
I guess I do, reputation-wise. Lol 'notorious'.

I wasn't even supposed to type notorious lol. Stupid autocorrect. How is university going, has it been better?
I wasn't even supposed to type notorious lol. Stupid autocorrect. How is university going, has it been better?

Actually yes, it's significantly better than first year, which was terrible. Except this is ruined by the fact that one module (which I more or less have to do due to lack of other good options) is really causing me a lot of stress. It has very difficult weekly assignments too, which is the main problem.
Reply 9816
Actually yes, it's significantly better than first year, which was terrible. Except this is ruined by the fact that one module (which I more or less have to do due to lack of other good options) is really causing me a lot of stress. It has very difficult weekly assignments too, which is the main problem.

It's good to hear that's it's generally more easier this year for you to deal with. There's will always be something that you'll hate. Try your best to get through, if you're still struggling don't be scared to ask anyone else you know. What module is this by the way?
It's good to hear that's it's generally more easier this year for you to deal with. There's will always be something that you'll hate. Try your best to get through, if you're still struggling don't be scared to ask anyone else you know. What module is this by the way?

I don't even really dislike the content, I just struggle with it way more than I should and it worries me for upcoming assignments/the exam. I wish I could discuss stuff with someone I knew, that would help, but I don't know anyone here.
It's Geometry (but not as you probably know it lol).
i am not to bad
Reply 9819
I don't even really dislike the content, I just struggle with it way more than I should and it worries me for upcoming assignments/the exam. I wish I could discuss stuff with someone I knew, that would help, but I don't know anyone here.
It's Geometry (but not as you probably know it lol).

Oh right. Have you tried asking professors/lecturers for more help? It's unlucky that you don't know many people. Is this your second year? Don't you even have any acquaintances? Yeah Geometry sucks.

Latest