The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's application process

Hey,

Just wanted to know what the recruitment process was like?:h:

I applied today as well, how long do you think they will take to get back to me?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Roy101
Hey,

Just wanted to know what the recruitment process was like?:h:

I applied today as well, how long do you think they will take to get back to me?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
They only took a few days to get back to me - less than a week. I then had to call HR to arrange an interview which was about a week later. After the interview they again took about a week to tell me I had been successful and I had to phone HR to arrange an induction. My induction was over a month afterwards even though the person interviewing me had said if I was hired it would be the same week. Overall it was fairly organised.

Hope that helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Receptacle
Hi,
They only took a few days to get back to me - less than a week. I then had to call HR to arrange an interview which was about a week later. After the interview they again took about a week to tell me I had been successful and I had to phone HR to arrange an induction. My induction was over a month afterwards even though the person interviewing me had said if I was hired it would be the same week. Overall it was fairly organised.

Pretty much the same as the person above said. I think around a week (maybe less) I got a text message to call HR to arrange an interview, after I was successful doing the online test. They said the sooner you do the interview the better, so I did my interview 2 days after the call. Around 1 week later I got accepted for the job. Then I had to wait 1 month for my induction and I started the day after my induction :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mistypoison
Pretty much the same as the person above said. I think around a week (maybe less) I got a text message to call HR to arrange an interview, after I was successful doing the online test. They said the sooner you do the interview the better, so I did my interview 2 days after the call. Around 1 week later I got accepted for the job. Then I had to wait 1 month for my induction and I started the day after my induction :smile:

Wow, that's amazing. Happy to hear you got the job! :smile:

I didn't do well in the online assessment, so didn't get to the interview process.
Reply 5
Original post by Receptacle
Hi,

Do you mind telling me the questions they asked please, as I'm very nervous about it! Are they nice people xD

Luckily, I have an interview next week, as I applied again and got it the second time around. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Roy101
Do you mind telling me the questions they asked please, as I'm very nervous about it! Are they nice people xD

Luckily, I have an interview next week, as I applied again and got it the second time around. :smile:

Look at Glassdoor for interview questions :smile: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/J-Sainsbury-General-Assistant-Interview-Questions-EI_IE2978.0,11_KO12,29.htm

I got asked:

"why sainsburys?"

"Do you have any holidays booked?"

"Do you live close to the store? As we do not want employees walking home in the dark."
Reply 7
Look at Glassdoor for interview questions :smile: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/J-Sainsbury-General-Assistant-Interview-Questions-EI_IE2978.0,11_KO12,29.htm

I got asked:

"why sainsburys?"

"Do you have any holidays booked?"

"Do you live close to the store? As we do not want employees walking home in the dark."

Thank you! Do you mind telling me how long your interview was? Were there any activities you had to undertake during the interview?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Roy101
Thank you! Do you mind telling me how long your interview was? Were there any activities you had to undertake during the interview?

I think it maybe took 30 minutes. I was given a tour of the store and then I had to point out "bad things" in the store (Like empty boxes on the shelves, dirty shelves, things on the floor etc)
Reply 9
I think it maybe took 30 minutes. I was given a tour of the store and then I had to point out "bad things" in the store (Like empty boxes on the shelves, dirty shelves, things on the floor etc)

Oh, well I have an interview at the library.. so I might not need to do that.. don't know.

Thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending