The Student Room Group

A level advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a level business hard as i chose it as my fourth option as i dropped psychology to do it as psychology was too much. I haven't done business at gcse so if you done business a level can you tell me how is it?
PS its a level so no coursework
idk i considered business at alevel for a super brief time, then dropped it because a) id only been doing it bc my parents were telling me to consider it for the skillz(TM) or money stuff in case i wanted to start a business. but i was fairly sure i wouldnt so
And then i tried to check out some gcse revision guides as kinda a taster, bc a level would probably be building on that right?? and that was a horrible idea, i hated it, it was too hard, and gave me headaches and just ew. no. but using gcse revision guides is probably where id tell u to start, especially bc they're designed to be straight-to-the-point and easy to use or whatever???? (but no luck there for me lol)
c) it probably won't be very relevant unless youre planning to do something with business (management etc) at uni or something. youd probably just be better off doing maths instead.
but if you find an interest in it, ask around dude!! And it might help (or may not, idk) if you try looking at the (different) specifications to get an idea of what's covered too. Good luck m8
I do business a level. Some people in my class also do psychology a level and they say it is very different and harder, case in point they all got u's! I would say business is a better option but I also do English lit and I do defiantly prefer that. It just depends on yourself.
Original post by officialzak_2001
Is a level business hard as i chose it as my fourth option as i dropped psychology to do it as psychology was too much. I haven't done business at gcse so if you done business a level can you tell me how is it?
PS its a level so no coursework

Honestly not sure bro, people in my school say Psychology is not hard at all, but then again most of the people in the psychology class also do hard science subjects and/or maths.

But overall from business students I heard it's easier than psychology, it's just extended gcse business, which wasn't hard at all (according to my friends).
All A-levels are hard although some are harder then others also it depends on your strengths. Pick what you find interesting :smile:
I found psychology interesting but it was just that there was too much revision needed and im doing bio chem maths
Original post by Teajackson
I do business a level. Some people in my class also do psychology a level and they say it is very different and harder, case in point they all got u's! I would say business is a better option but I also do English lit and I do defiantly prefer that. It just depends on yourself.

How was a level business. Did you do the new spec. wat grade did u get
How was a level business. Did you do the new spec. wat grade did u get

I'm on my second year of the course. It's definitely a lot harder this year. Yeah we are studying the new spec, I didn't do very well at as but that's because I didn't revise as hard as I could have seeing as it doesn't count. Business is a good course but only if you find it interesting
I'm on my second year of the course. It's definitely a lot harder this year. Yeah we are studying the new spec, I didn't do very well at as but that's because I didn't revise as hard as I could have seeing as it doesn't count. Business is a good course but only if you find it interesting

I'm a month in and i find it interesting (fun with only one teacher) so far but like i've looked at exam papers/textbooks and it looks really hard. I spoke to my teacher and she said that it is an easy as grade.
I'm a month in and i find it interesting (fun with only one teacher) so far but like i've looked at exam papers/textbooks and it looks really hard. I spoke to my teacher and she said that it is an easy as grade.

as is a lot easier than a level, looking back. Tbh there is so much content, I only do 2 a levels because I hated the other options in my school and have to retake maths GCSE, I did photography as but I HATED it. As I only do 2 a levels and maths GCSE it is easier for me but all a levels have a smiliar amount of content. I think you should do it if you feel you could be interested enough to work at getting a good grade. 😊
as is a lot easier than a level, looking back. Tbh there is so much content, I only do 2 a levels because I hated the other options in my school and have to retake maths GCSE, I did photography as but I HATED it. As I only do 2 a levels and maths GCSE it is easier for me but all a levels have a smiliar amount of content. I think you should do it if you feel you could be interested enough to work at getting a good grade. 😊

Did you do business
Did you do business

Yeah, I'm in the 2nd year, which is definitely harder than as but if you are interested enough in the subject you should get a good grade
Yeah, I'm in the 2nd year, which is definitely harder than as but if you are interested enough in the subject you should get a good grade

Sorry but is a subject where it is an easy A compared to psychology
Sorry but is a subject where it is an easy A compared to psychology

That's ok 😊 I think it just depends on which one interests you more. The people in my class who do both say business is better though, as psychology has a very different learning and writing structure
That's ok 😊 I think it just depends on which one interests you more. The people in my class who do both say business is better though, as psychology has a very different learning and writing structure

Quick Reply

Latest