The Student Room Group

Ex Rejected Meet up :(

Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I don't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I don't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me.

You know the consistent advice is cut all contact and all social media. This is the reason why. and youve now set yourself back plus its made you feel sad. have a complete break for at least a year.

Hes thoughtless.
Maybe he just toyed with you because hes bored. the song is laughable manipulation and you fell for it am afraid.
Its usually healthy not to have any contact as the fastest way to recover.
Stay away and move on.

You are likely to find someone at uni, but they wont be interested if you are still hung up on your ex.
Reply 2
I just feel like such an idiot, I sent him like 5 messages asking why he was acting hot and cold with me and he ignored them all. :frown:
I feel so incredibly sad right now. He acted interested in me, then as soon as I ask if he wants to meet up, he tries to hurt me again
Reply 3
I feel like I have embarrassed myself and been lead on.

Quick Reply