The Student Room Group

Got kicked of nursing degree

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lorna04
was you in nursing 2016 cohort? or another course?

Yes nursing Sept 16
Reply 21
[QUOTE="S.jones21;74194282"]
Original post by Lorna04
was you in nursing 2016 cohort? or another course?

Yes nursing Sept 16

I'm so sorry, how are you feeling?
[QUOTE="Lorna04;74201104"]
Original post by S.jones21

I'm so sorry, how are you feeling?

So sorry for you too! It's a terrible uni! No support what so ever!
I'm okay considering... how are you
Reply 23
[QUOTE="S.jones21;74202682"]
Original post by Lorna04

So sorry for you too! It's a terrible uni! No support what so ever!
I'm okay considering... how are you

I 100% agree...i'm okay just trying to move forward now...wish you all the best
Original post by 999tigger
Hi

Sorry to hear about your rough time. Its not uncommon for people to be withdrawn from a nursing course.

I would suggest the following:

Find out the rules, either in your hand book or online. They will cover exams and being withdrawn plus appeals.

If you cant find them ask the department.
You can talk to your tutor or go and see a student advisor.
You should find out how much you failed by.

You should then decide if you are going to appeal on what grounds you will do so. Normally there would be two grounds.
1. They did something wrong. in the way they taught the curse or way they handled the marking.
2. You have mitigating circumstances to explain your poor performance i.e someone died or you were ill or suffer mental illness etc.

You need to decide if you have enough grounds to make an appeal.

If not then you will need to leave and look into finding a new course next year. I have read of some people returning to other nursing courses, but they will obviously need t know why you were withdrawn from your current one.

It may be nursing inst for you and a different degree would be better. You would need to check funding for that. I can understand things are very awkward and in turmoil so just try an get through. You will need to find out what happens about accommodation as you may be required to pay the rent until a replacement is found.

Go and have a good cry, eat some nice food and a sleep, then draw up a to do list. Once you are away then you can take an enforced gap an figure out what to do. Hang in there.

I had proof of getting ill and then afterwards im embarrassed to say proof of mental health and they still declined. And it wasnt anything that affects my fitness for practice. I literally think its down to snobbery now and them thinking i will make their institutions nursing grades poor, but im actually normally good with exams and assignments...
Original post by Adriarna
I had proof of getting ill and then afterwards im embarrassed to say proof of mental health and they still declined. And it wasnt anything that affects my fitness for practice. I literally think its down to snobbery now and them thinking i will make their institutions nursing grades poor, but im actually normally good with exams and assignments...

I cant really comment, this was 2 years ago.
Normally if you get ill you use a GPs note and extenuating circumstances to delay.
If you had MH issues you use GPs note and extenuating circumstances form again.
Preferably in advance.

Thats the standard method.

Hope things got better for you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending