The Student Room Group

Ex rejected me :( feel pathetic

Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I don't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me.

I feel so pathetic
Original post by Nottsstudent96
Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I don't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me.

I feel so pathetic

Don't feel pathetic at all! If anything, just make it clear to him that you have no desire in getting back together and you just would like to be friends, and if that doesn't convince him enough, he's just not worth it.
Original post by MissVampire
Don't feel pathetic at all! If anything, just make it clear to him that you have no desire in getting back together and you just would like to be friends, and if that doesn't convince him enough, he's just not worth it.

I made that clear that I only wanted a friendship, because we do get on well. Then he thought I wanted to get back together. And, now I am not speaking to him as I feel rejected
I just thought we could have been friends as it has been months since it happened. And we were getting on this week, then he just rejects me again
Doesn't sound like he's worth being friends with.
I made that clear that I only wanted a friendship, because we do get on well. Then he thought I wanted to get back together. And, now I am not speaking to him as I feel rejected

Yeah, I just feel like you're gonna end up rubbing into the past and whatnot. Honestly, it's hard cause you've been with this person for five years so it's not going to be easy to just remove them completely from out your life.
Original post by Shut Up Benny
Doesn't sound like he's worth being friends with.

I realise that now, but I just feel so pathetic for thinking that he was actually being nice to me this week.
He was the one who started texting me this week, then when I ask to meet he just rejects me.

I feel so pathetic

These things happen, you do get over it
He was the one who started texting me this week, then when I ask to meet he just rejects me.

Yeah, just don't bother. Try to move on.
its hard to leave your comfort zone but chances are you will find someone new who you like just as much.

It unrealistic to expect you will be with the same person forever
Original post by hannah00
its hard to leave your comfort zone but chances are you will find someone new who you like just as much.

It unrealistic to expect you will be with the same person forever

Yeah, I get that but I assumed we would remain friends since we get on well most of the time. But, when I asked I just got rejected despite him starting contact with me after a month of not talking to eachother.
Yeah, I get that but I assumed we would remain friends since we get on well most of the time. But, when I asked I just got rejected despite him starting contact with me after a month of not talking to eachother.

I can relate because when people have ghosted on me it makes me feel like they thought so little of me that they dont even want to exchange small talk or like talk about really niche interests we shared that none of my friends are interested in

but maybe he just wants a clean break and feels if still talks to you, its like having one foot in two separate boats.

People change for all sorts of reasons, you just celebrate the time you had together and use that to improve and develop as a person for your next relationship.

Life is short, no point dwelling on the past, you made an effort to reach out, he is being immature but dont let him take anymore of your time or brain power
Original post by hannah00
I can relate because when people have ghosted on me it makes me feel like they thought so little of me that they dont even want to exchange small talk or like talk about really niche interests we shared that none of my friends are interested in

but maybe he just wants a clean break and feels if still talks to you, its like having one foot in two separate boats.

People change for all sorts of reasons, you just celebrate the time you had together and use that to improve and develop as a person for your next relationship.

Life is short, no point dwelling on the past, you made an effort to reach out, he is being immature but dont let him take anymore of your time or brain power

I am not sure why he started talking to me this week, he even said he had made a song on his computer and used part of my laugh on it (wtf). And, he was generally being very nice to me. Just seems weird. My parents think he is manipulating me. :frown:
"Let it go, LET IT GOOOOO" - Frozen
It will be hard, but you will eventually come to terms with it emotionally. Take your time.

Block him, don’t look at his social media and keep yourself busy.

Don’t forget, eat loads of ice cream 😉

I feel so pathetic

Aww you shouldn't feel pathetic. He sounds awful, talking to you and then saying we shouldn't meet up.
Just forget about him and if he contacts you again then tell him you're not interested in talking with him.
help
:frown:

I feel so pathetic

First things first, you can never be friends with you ex. They are an ex for a reason, you don't need to be friends with them. Especially if he rejected you like that, let him do him and you do you girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending