The Student Room Group

Russel Group Uni - Accounting and Finance with my a levels

I do a level maths business and physics and want to go to russel group unis like southampton,birmingham and bristol and do accounting and finance. However i know business is a a soft subject so would i still be made offers if i meet their grade requirements. I would have done maths physics economics but phy and eco clashed but i do enjoy physics, therefore i chose business as its somewhat similar to physics. Should i perhaps pick up an AS in further maths or are my choices okay.
Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TechnoWiz123
I do a level maths business and physics and want to go to russel group unis like southampton,birmingham and bristol and do accounting and finance. However i know business is a a soft subject so would i still be made offers if i meet their grade requirements. I would have done maths physics economics but phy and eco clashed but i do enjoy physics, therefore i chose business as its somewhat similar to physics. Should i perhaps pick up an AS in further maths or are my choices okay.
Thanks

Hi!
I've applied this year to accounting and Finance at uni. I've got offers from Bristol, Birmingham and Warwick (ABB, AAB, AAA in that order). I do Maths, economics and psychology. Generally all that was asked for was an A in maths. They don't expect anyone to have any prior knowledge on accounting as it would be new to almost everyone on the course. I'd suggest do what you WANT to do, just make sure you keep maths as that's generally what the unis are looking for.

Good luck, hope this was helpful! (Feel free to ask anything else too!)
Business would help you more than you think. Maths does give you an edge as well. Tbh, I really don't think Physics would help you as much compared to Business and Maths.

Source: Reading numerous Accounting and Finance requirement pages and speaking to Uni reps that came to my college.
Original post by Gcseggw
Hi!
I've applied this year to accounting and Finance at uni. I've got offers from Bristol, Birmingham and Warwick (ABB, AAB, AAA in that order). I do Maths, economics and psychology. Generally all that was asked for was an A in maths. They don't expect anyone to have any prior knowledge on accounting as it would be new to almost everyone on the course. I'd suggest do what you WANT to do, just make sure you keep maths as that's generally what the unis are looking for.

Good luck, hope this was helpful! (Feel free to ask anything else too!)

Thats good to know and good luck on getting in. I just wanted to know if russel group unis would not prefer me for doing business but im assuming it doesnt really matter.
Original post by JDieMstr
Business would help you more than you think. Maths does give you an edge as well. Tbh, I really don't think Physics would help you as much compared to Business and Maths.

Source: Reading numerous Accounting and Finance requirement pages and speaking to Uni reps that came to my college.

Thats good to know, i chose physics just because i do enjoy it. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest