The Student Room Group

itchiness inside the vagina

i didn't know what to put as my title, Ok so i had sex for the first time we used a condom and now i am extremely itchy in my vagina like where the pee comes from the entrance i guess you can say and everytime i pee i get even more severely itchy and now i have to pee more frequently than what i used to idk what it is it's been 5 days already since it began and since i've had sex any ideas?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It could be pinworms. Go see your GP
It sounds like an STD or UTI. Remember, condoms are not 100% effective, so you should go to a clinic and have a proper test done.
you could have crabs inside the Vag
Original post by Anonymous
It could be pinworms. Go see your GP

ohh **** i hope not but thank you
Original post by Anonymous756
i didn't know what to put as my title, Ok so i had sex for the first time we used a condom and now i am extremely itchy in my vagina like where the pee comes from the entrance i guess you can say and everytime i pee i get even more severely itchy and now i have to pee more frequently than what i used to idk what it is it's been 5 days already since it began and since i've had sex any ideas?

Potential STI's and STD's are nothing to be at all ashamed of. Book yourself in with your GP or at a sexual health clinic, it may be something as simple as you need antibiotics to clear it up.
is this a TROLL?
It sounds like it could be a UTI. Burning sensation when you pee and frequent need to urinate are both symptoms. I've had 2 UTIs before, both resulted after sex. I went to my doctor, did a simple urine test there and then and got prescribed antibiotics. I was all better within a week.

Next time, make sure you pee before and after sex and clean yourself up well. You can get special feminine wipes to help you do that. Try doing this within 30 minutes after sex.

(PS, don't listen to the anonymous's. Honestly sounds just like what I experienced, you'll be absolutely fine)
Original post by Anonymous
is this a TROLL?

No i'm actually really afraid idk what's wrong and i didn't know who to ask
Original post by DrawTheLine
It sounds like it could be a UTI. Burning sensation when you pee and frequent need to urinate are both symptoms. I've had 2 UTIs before, both resulted after sex. I went to my doctor, did a simple urine test there and then and got prescribed antibiotics. I was all better within a week.

Next time, make sure you pee before and after sex and clean yourself up well. You can get special feminine wipes to help you do that. Try doing this within 30 minutes after sex.

(PS, don't listen to the anonymous's. Honestly sounds just like what I experienced, you'll be absolutely fine)

it doesn't burn when i pee but i'd rather much wish it burned this itchiness is killing me but thank you i really just need to know if i'm ok i'm freaking out and i'm afraid if i go to the doctor they'll tell me something worse and it was my first time and i used protection to prevent anything and then idk but thank you really
I doubt it's an STD. Probably a UTI. Go to the emergency room.
Original post by Jigsaws mum
How many tines do i have to say it?
USE PROTECTION KIDS
You obviously didn't listen

You obviously didn't read. She said they used a condom.
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
I doubt it's an STD. Probably a UTI. Go to the emergency room.

A UTI is not an emergency. That'll be wasting their time. The only time you go to A&E for a UTI is if you leave it untreated and it starts affecting you kidneys.
Original post by Jigsaws mum
How many tines do i have to say it?
USE PROTECTION KIDS
You obviously didn't listen

i did trust me i really did
A UTI is not an emergency. That'll be wasting their time. The only time you go to A&E for a UTI is if you leave it untreated and it starts affecting you kidneys.

It's not an emergency but its the weekend and she may not be able to wait till Monday, are walk-in centres open on the weekend?

Also vaginal itching is not a common symptom of a UTI. You need to pipe down love.
It's not an emergency but its the weekend and she may not be able to wait till Monday, are walk-in centres open on the weekend?

Also vaginal itching is not a common symptom of a UTI. You need to pipe down love.

Some of them are. I know my local one back home has specific Saturdays they they're open. You can buy UTI relief painkillers which help relieve the symptoms if you can't get an appointment.

Also, vaginal itching was one of the symptoms I experienced with a UTI. Not everyone does, but some do. UTIs are different for every person. I don't know if you've experienced one or not, but I'm just giving the OP useful (imo) advice based on my personal experience. So no, I shan't "pipe down", love.
Some of them are. I know my local one back home has specific Saturdays they they're open. You can buy UTI relief painkillers which help relieve the symptoms if you can't get an appointment.

Also, vaginal itching was one of the symptoms I experienced with a UTI. Not everyone does, but some do. UTIs are different for every person. I don't know if you've experienced one or not, but I'm just giving the OP useful (imo) advice based on my personal experience. So no, I shan't "pipe down", love.

Who knows she may not be able to afford the OTC pain relief and who can blame her in this horrible economic climate and it might be embarrassing having to explain it to her parents.

Having said that I submit to your superior knowledge and prowess on the topic of UTIs and I must admit that you do in fact sound like quite the expert on poor vaginal hygiene as well as yeast and bacterial infections!
(edited 6 years ago)
try again
Who knows she may not be able to afford the OTC pain relief and who can blame her in this horrible economic climate and it might be embarrassing having to explain it to her parents.

Having said that I submit to your superior knowledge and prowess on the topic of UTIs and you do sound like quite the expert on yeast and bacterial infections endemic of the vaginal canal!

I never said I was an expert nor claimed to have superior knowledge. I'm simply using my experience to advise the OP. Obviously it is her decision in the end as to what she decides to do. It's just advice, I'm not ordering her to do anything.
I never said I was an expert nor claimed to have superior knowledge. I'm simply using my experience to advise the OP. Obviously it is her decision in the end as to what she decides to do. It's just advice, I'm not ordering her to do anything.

I was joking with you, you sound far too uptight. Lighten up. I'm sure your vagina is very clean!! (Yes, that was another joke :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest