The Student Room Group

UCAS Application HELP :( !!!

I am studying for my A Levels in year 13 and I am in the middle of my UCAS application.
My anxiety has grown around whether my AS Further Math results will affect my chances.

I have taken my AS Exams in Further maths (M1, FP1, D1) and got a U in every module and have chosen to drop Further Maths.
I have been told that I must put these results in my application.
I am considering to apply to Warwick and other good universities for economics that require AAA, AAB, ABB... And I am certain I can aquire these results.

At GCSE, I acquired 8 As and 3Bs (Retaking English language from D to B).
I have moderately good predicted grades...
Mathematics - A
Economics - A
Spanish - B

Do you think my AS Further Maths results will immensely disadvantage me in applying to a top university?
Or, will they oversee it with a good personal statement and good predicted grades?
Original post by Nuxe
I am studying for my A Levels in year 13 and I am in the middle of my UCAS application.
My anxiety has grown around whether my AS Further Math results will affect my chances.

I have taken my AS Exams in Further maths (M1, FP1, D1) and got a U in every module and have chosen to drop Further Maths.
I have been told that I must put these results in my application.
I am considering to apply to Warwick and other good universities for economics that require AAA, AAB, ABB... And I am certain I can aquire these results.

At GCSE, I acquired 8 As and 3Bs (Retaking English language from D to B).
I have moderately good predicted grades...
Mathematics - A
Economics - A
Spanish - B

Do you think my AS Further Maths results will immensely disadvantage me in applying to a top university?
Or, will they oversee it with a good personal statement and good predicted grades?

What subject are you applying for? If Spanish, it won't matter; if Maths/Econ, then it won't look great but is still worth a try.
Yolo is the motto.....I think you should go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest