The Student Room Group

Is it worth going for the interview

For my fifth choice for university, I've applied for neuroscience at Manchester and they have invited me for an interview. I kind of rushed my firth choice and wasn't expecting an interview but I thought that it would be great practice for my real medicine interviews later on if I get any. However, I totally didn't see that I was meant to write a whole other personal statement for the course and the interview is in like 2 weeks.BTW, even if I did get a place I don't know if I would take it because I am really set on medicine but should I go there for a practice run????sorry for the dumb question
Original post by fadumamohamed
For my fifth choice for university, I've applied for neuroscience at Manchester and they have invited me for an interview. I kind of rushed my firth choice and wasn't expecting an interview but I thought that it would be great practice for my real medicine interviews later on if I get any. However, I totally didn't see that I was meant to write a whole other personal statement for the course and the interview is in like 2 weeks.BTW, even if I did get a place I don't know if I would take it because I am really set on medicine but should I go there for a practice run????sorry for the dumb question

You should definitely go for it as it will be something to fall back on if you get the place and you will have also gained some interview practice; you got nothing to really lose.
Reply 2

Unfortunaly most medicine applicants get no medicine offers... you'd be advised to keep your 5th choice available :wink:
These past 2 years ive dedicated alot of my time to medicine so I dont have much to write about with regards to neuroscience and do you think i could whip up a personal statement in such short notice??

Original post by Anonymouspsych
You should definitely go for it as it will be something to fall back on if you get the place and you will have also gained some interview practice; you got nothing to really lose.
Absolutely go for it. It'll be good experience for your other interviews and Manchester is a pretty good uni (I don't know how good for your course but it has a good reputation I believe). You of course can whip up another statement, just start working on it now. Don't turn it down.
These past 2 years ive dedicated alot of my time to medicine so I dont have much to write about with regards to neuroscience and do you think i could whip up a personal statement in such short notice??

I think you most definitely can; use the studential website to see some example neuroscience personal statements to get some inspiration. I am sure you can somehow amend your medicine personal statement to fit the theme of neuroscience?
Reply 6
TSR has example PSs too...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/personal-statements-by-subject

Original post by Anonymouspsych
I think you most definitely can; use the studential website to see some example neuroscience personal statements to get some inspiration. I am sure you can somehow amend your medicine personal statement to fit the theme of neuroscience?
Honestly, definitely do take this opportunity. As a fellow medic, I recommend you get all the practice you can and you may realise in the end that neuroscience is the course for you perhaps? Try and look at the example personal statements above, but if you're really stuck try and use your med personal statement and adapt it to neuroscience. Good luck!
If your heart is set on medicine and you will gap year on receiving no medicine offers, then this interview would just seem like a waste of time. It won't be relevant to medicine and won't help you for those interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending