The Student Room Group

LSE MSc Econometrics & Mathematical Economics

Hello everyone,

I've never asked a question here, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a second-year student studying for a BSc (Hons) Economics from Warwick. I'm asking if anyone can help me assess my chances of getting into the LSE EME course. I am still in my second year so I can only deal in hypotheticals right now.

I received pretty good grades in year 1 and an award as one of the top performing economics students. For detail, my quant courses were: 90% Calc. , 73% Stats., 96% Lin. Algebra.

For this year, I'm taking both Mathematical Economics 1A & 1B, as well as Econometrics 1. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get about 80-85% in all.

I'm also working on a research paper with a Prof. (Idk if this makes a difference)

If I can keep getting the same-ish grades for this year and next, and hopefully the award again, what do you guys think my chances of getting into EME would be like? I've just been reading that unless you're studying maths you can basically forget about it.

Grateful for any responses,

Cheers.
Original post by ObiWan_98
Hello everyone,

I've never asked a question here, so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm a second-year student studying for a BSc (Hons) Economics from Warwick. I'm asking if anyone can help me assess my chances of getting into the LSE EME course. I am still in my second year so I can only deal in hypotheticals right now.

I received pretty good grades in year 1 and an award as one of the top performing economics students. For detail, my quant courses were: 90% Calc. , 73% Stats., 96% Lin. Algebra.

For this year, I'm taking both Mathematical Economics 1A & 1B, as well as Econometrics 1. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get about 80-85% in all.

I'm also working on a research paper with a Prof. (Idk if this makes a difference)

If I can keep getting the same-ish grades for this year and next, and hopefully the award again, what do you guys think my chances of getting into EME would be like? I've just been reading that unless you're studying maths you can basically forget about it.

Grateful for any responses,

Cheers.

The entry requirements are usually 2.1 so if you get that and have an otherwise strong application i.e refs and personal statement you should be fine.
Warwicker here. You should have a chance but do remember take EC338 and EC306 in the third year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending