The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoyalBeams
So if a group of black boys beat up a white boy on the streets for being white, it is not racism?

Love your redefinition of racism in your own SJW logic.

Typical SJW!

The police would treat the attack us racist who care what SJW believe.
Original post by looloo2134
The police would treat the attack us racist who care what SJW believe.

Then the SJWs would label the police as "RACISTS" for doing that!:biggrin:
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
No that's not racist, you may accuse them of being prejudiced but definitely not racist. They don't have the privilege or the social power to be racist to someone who is white.

In fact, most of the instances of PoC attacking white people is due to the white person making some form of derogatory remark - it's reactionary.

Just look at General Kelly and his speech to the press and how he called a black woman a racial slur 'empty barrel' without giving it a second thought. And that was a rehearsed and pre-written speech. Nobody thought that might alienate PoC?

My friend who had the mind of 9 year old child was murder for being white by a gang of four teenagers. They mugged him racially abuse him and killed him the same week the gang attack and mugged 5 white men and boys who were walking home school or work. The police changed 4 black teenagers with his murder and hate crime because he was disabled and white.

In West London were I from around 90% of street robberies are done by none white people and most of the victims are white. When ever you watch the London news there always a young teenager murder in knife crime he usually none white.

my son is mixed race before you call me racist.
Original post by RoyalBeams
Then the SJWs would label the police as "RACISTS" for doing that!:biggrin:

SJWs will be working in coffee shops in a few years any why
My friend who had the mind of 9 year old child was murder for being white by a gang of four teenagers. They mugged him racially abuse him and killed him the same week the gang attack and mugged 5 white men and boys who were walking home school or work. The police changed 4 black teenagers with his murder and hate crime because he was disabled and white.

In West London were I from around 90% of street robberies are done by none white people and most of the victims are white. When ever you watch the London news there always a young teenager murder in knife crime he usually none white.

Anecdotal nonsense and hearsay. Re-read what you just posted please tell me you see the obvious prejudice... You cannot be this socially insensitive, surely? Are you being serious?
Original post by YaliaV

That's extremely convenient - kind of like an automatic win. You should really leave such manipulation and nonsense out of your arguments if you wish to appear credible.

Are you an ethnic minority?
It may seem convenient, but it’s also true. I’m pretty certain that most of the people on the thread refusing to accept it are white. That’s a part of the privilege. You can choose to be hearing or not hearing.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
No, it's a phrase used to suggest white people have an easier time and automatically have a better life because of their skin pigmentation, it's usually used as an excuse for the failings of individuals that are ethnic minorities, who like to blame society instead of admitting something is their fault.

White people DO have an easier time, may not necessarily be your fault but that is the way society is set up. Yes, there are ethnic minorities who do succeed but for the majority, institutional racism get in the way, as well as lack of family connections, poverty etc. The fact that you can't acknowledge that is your privilege in practice.
Original post by Calg_
I f***ing hate this idea that white people are somehow set up to succeed. People that claim white privilege exists are using it as an excuse for their failures. I wouldn't say black privilege if a black person got a job/ uni place over me. I'd merely accept that they were better than I was. It is 2017 and some people genuinely believe white privilege still exists. Pathetic.

Lool wht the actual **** did I just read? White privilege don't exist? Are you ****ing kidding me? I mean are you blind or what? When you see on the news white police officers chasing black or shooting black people can you you honestly say that happens to white people? White people walk down the street freely without being stopped or searched but it happens to black people all the time. Is that not white privilege?
Reply 88
Original post by Calg_
Never once said that. I said that when people make this point they never have any evidence to back it up.

I'll give you some.

Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people
Black people are 4x more likely to be imprisoned than white people
Black people make up just over 3% of the UK population but are overrepresented in prison statistics as they make up over 1/4 of the prison population

There you go.
I think the person worded it wrongly. It's not that the person didn't struggle because they definitely would have done, but it is valid to comment on somebody's white privilege, as race isn't something they've had to struggle with
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
Anecdotal nonsense and hearsay. Re-read what you just posted please tell me you see the obvious prejudice... You cannot be this socially insensitive, surely? Are you being serious?

Also, your son being mixed race doesn't make you immune from being called racist, in fact many white women have kids with black men and then scratch their heads when they cannot relate to their mixed kids issues never mind even learning how to properly look after their mixed kid's coarse/curly hair.

You noting but prejudice racist bigot yourself who uses pc b------t to justify your racism to white people 'White women' racist sexist comment' my child is happy doing well at school got a part time job and in police cadets he like to be a police man.

The NCA static prove that black people do more violent crime in London than white people. I be victim of violent mugging myself so has my 95 year old great aunt.
Original post by S.olk
I'll give you some.

Black people are 7x more likely to be stopped and searched than white people
Black people are 4x more likely to be imprisoned than white people
Black people make up just over 3% of the UK population but are overrepresented in prison statistics as they make up over 1/4 of the prison population

There you go.

Oh so it is white privilege that leads to those things happening. Not the fact that they disproportionatly commit more crime, no?
Original post by noey123
Lool wht the actual **** did I just read? White privilege don't exist? Are you ****ing kidding me? I mean are you blind or what? When you see on the news white police officers chasing black or shooting black people can you you honestly say that happens to white people? White people walk down the street freely without being stopped or searched but it happens to black people all the time. Is that not white privilege?

I'm sure that white people are stopped frequently too. But there is no outrage about that, because they're white. And what you're talking about there takes place in the US. Not the UK.
She knows the struggles Good luck to her!
Reply 94
Original post by Calg_
Oh so it is white privilege that leads to those things happening. Not the fact that they disproportionatly commit more crime, no?

Not white privilege. Your argument was that whenever someone proposes institutional racism, they have no evidence to support it. Here's your evidence.
And thank you for proving my point. You would think they commit more crime DUE TO the overrepresentation in prisons, high number of stop and searches etc. All of which are a result of institutional racism.
Original post by noey123

This is the kind of chip-on-the-shoulder bolshie "permantly oppressed" attitude that you can't call out blacks for because you'll get labelled "racist"
SJWs will be working in coffee shops in a few years any why

They have finally got Trump, Brexit, AfD and others, now they are whining everyday.

Talk about a strong backlash for idiotic ideologies, impositions and opinions.

[video="youtube;GLG9g7BcjKs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs[/video]

There's loads and loads of black on white murders etc they're just not as well documented. We heard about Anthony Walker for months and months, but who has heard of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1507784/Raped-tortured-then-told-You-are-going-to-die-slowly.html

Heinous to the point of animalistic.

Now, name me one similar white on ethnic minority murder with the same levels of callous brutality?

Yet you never hear of either case, is this beause the victims are white ? therefore, omg, it's not racist?

Teenage victims of violence in London that died (2007)

Teenage victims of knife attacks in London that died (2015)

Look at what race majority are from. Contrast that to the % of that race in London.

And most of the perpetrators would be from what race?

And police conducting 'stop and searches' that statistics shows disproportionately [based on population figures] impacts on one race is racist and discrimination?
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending